Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 1:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
All Installation Windows Icon Bouncing then Crashing on Macbook
Hey all,

I found an old forum about this issue, but none of the solutions for them were working for me. What's happening is, I go to launch the installation app ( for 3 expansion packs now ), and it'll bounce in the dock for a few minutes, then stop bouncing, and when I click on it, the icon disappears and nothing pops up to install. There was a forum that told me to put in something in Terminal, and I did that, and still nothing is happening. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to make the installers launch? I can give you my specs and anything else you may need. Also, there's no custom content in my files yet, and the hard drive is literally a brand new seagate 2 terabyte hard drive that was completely blank because i couldn't afford the additional fees Geek Squad has to transfer data. Lol.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:31 PM
Try opening Task Manager (Activity Monitor for Mac) and find anything related to sims and delete the task.

Not sure if it'll solve your problem, but when mine does that, it fixes it.