Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:03 AM
Default WCIF No nanny mod
Sooo this has been a bit of an issue for a while but after coming back to TS2 after playing TS3 and TS4 for so long, the problem is all the more glaring. Two of my sims need to work full time to pay for the big ass house that I've moved them into. Only problem is, they can't leave their son home alone (even though he's more than capable of taking care of himself) and I don't feel like a nanny is necessary. I searched around google and apparently insimenator had a mod that allowed children to be left home alone, but the thread is long gone. Is there another mod like it? Does somebody here have the mod or something like it?

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:11 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:12 AM
There are a few ways of handling this. One mod I use is 'Watch Kids' this adds the apartment interaction to any friend your sim has. So your sim asks their friend to come over and then asks them to watch their kids. Costs nothing and quite realistic. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=95096.0

Another thing is to use a social worker mod. There are varieties of these. Some only allow kids to be home alone while others get rid of the SW all together.

Thirdly is to make a day care or use another sim that your sim knows to look after your child. You need Christianlov's teleporter mirror for this. You teleport the baby, toddler, child over to the baby sitters/ day cares house. They really get sent there. You can check by saving the game, going to hood view and clicking on the house. The child should show up at their house. Very similar to how in real life most people drop their child off at day care. Once home they transport the child back. If after school care is needed you will want to pause and transport the school age child as soon as they place down their homework book.

I use a combo of friends and day care. Mostly I allow school age kids to be home alone with an SW mod unless it will be hours.
I use pescado's sshack http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
FEATURES:
Quote:
This hack makes the Social Worker behave more reasonably. The Social Worker
will only be summoned for child abandonment if a child-aged sim is left
unattended for extended period of time, such as if all adults are very dead,
or if the unattended sim is a toddler and therefore should not realistically
be left home alone at all. The bizarre metric of "child-hours" has been
eliminated.

The social worker will not be summoned for a child receiving bad grades unless
the number of bad children outnumbers the number of passing children: No more
adopted bad child causing all your good children to be taken away because he
came with a failing grade from when he was taken away before.

The Social Worker will continue to be summoned if you intentionally abuse your
children by starving or neglecting them, so you can still get kids taken away
to fill the adoption pool if you want.

Parents will also no longer be physically prevented from going to work if
children are present on the lot. No more having to miss work because the stupid
nanny refused to show up until 15 minutes afterwards.

Heat/Cold failure and warnings no longer random and useless.

This SW hack is if you still want your game to have an SW, but a more intelligent one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:44 AM
Thank you both. These mods will be very helpful

The Receptacle still lives!