Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:12 AM
Default I looked in the Game Help fourm and, well, it didn't help.
Okay, so my computer doesn't have Internet, but I really want to get custom content on there from this computer. So my question is:

Can I upload the custom content onto a CD-rom then transfer it to my computer?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please and Thank You.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM
Yes, you can transfer Sims 2 cc using any means for transferring content between two machines: cd/dvd, flash drive, network connection.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:55 AM
Oh, okay..
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for answering.

"A little consideration -- a little thought for others -- makes all the difference."
- Eeyore

Animal Lover | Family Oriented | Loner | Socially Awkward | Unstable
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM
Now the only other question is, how?
I tried it this morning, but it didn't work.
I think I might have done something wrong.
Inventor
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:14 AM
I used to use a flash drive to do that. I thought it was easier than the cd.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:48 AM
Really? I'll have to ask my mom if I could use her. But um, how exactly do you do it? Do you think that you could guide me through the steps? Because I think I'm going about it the wrong way. I clicked the download button the way you would do on any site, but instead of clicking 'open' I click 'save. Now I'm not sure if I did the right thing or not.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:11 AM
Do you have WinRAR or something similar. If not, you need to download this and put it on the flash drive to install on your computer, or you won't be able to open the files.

Create a new folder on your desktop and download the CC into this folder. Insert the flash drive into the usb port and open it. Click and drag the folder you created with your CC over to the open flash drive window. Remove the flash drive from the usb port and take it to the computer you wish to install the content to. I created a shortcut to my downloads folder and put it on my desktop to make it easy to install cc into my game. You'll find it in documents/EA/Sims2/downloads...if you don't have a downloads folder, create one and make a shortcut to put on your desktop. Open the flashdrive...then open the folder with the CC. Double click on the .rar or .zip files and they should open. Just click and drag the package files to your downloads folder. However, pay attention because if it's packaged with the clean installer, you have to double click the Clean Installer icon and it will just install to your game (if you drag it to your folder as is, it won't show up). After you install your CC, close the flash drive window, remove the flash drive and start your game. Make sure custom content is enabled or it won't show up in your game...you can enable it in the options section if the custom content screen doesn't show up when you first start your game...I believe it's in game options in the upper right hand corner. After you enable it, exit your game and restart (at least that's what I have to do). Good luck!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:35 AM
I'm going to try this first thing in the morning. Thank you so much. You are a life saver! :D