Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:27 AM Last edited by simsample : 21st Jul 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Default Where Can I Purchase Sims 2 Games?
I'm in a bit of a quandary right now. I used to love sims 2, and have the base game plus four expansions. However, right in the middle of my sims 2 love, I got into Sims 3 and got hooked.
Recently I've been burned with Sims 3 CC, and feel like I can't play without it anymore. So I'm back to Sims 2, CC-free XD But I want more expansions, since I really would like to keep my game CC-free, at least for a while.
But the place I used to go to get sims 2 stuff, Best Buy, doesn't sell them anymore. At least from their website, it seems like all they have are console versions and the base and university in french...I don't even want to know what conflicts trying to bring games of two difference languages together XD. I'm going to check out Best Buy, since I know when I went there, sims 2 was HIDING XD So there might be some in stock and not on the website. But does anybody have any other suggestions? Have you bought recently, and if so, where?
I'm Canadian, btw, but even if your story isn't completely relevant to this, I'm still interested. It could be useful for something else, or for somebody else
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2012 at 5:52 AM
Me?

I plead the fifth.

In your case, I would go to Amazon or something.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:18 AM
EBAY. If it's not there, it doesn't exist!
Instructor
#4 Old 7th May 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
...I don't even want to know what conflicts trying to bring games of two difference languages together
I did exactly that, (Swedish and English) I have DD in english, and Livet som Student etc in Swedish, No problems.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2012 at 1:06 PM
I found mine at Best Buy, Micro Center (computer store in Cleveland), and Walmart. I got Glamour Life Stuff off eBay...from the UK (and I'm in the USA).

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th May 2012 at 1:23 PM
I got my games from the most unusal places. For example, I got my Festive Holiday Stuff from a musical instruments store and my Double Deluxe from a store that mostly sold clothes, batteries and detergent.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th May 2012 at 1:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure where my own game came from (as my parents bought it for me) but for Christmas 2010 I was able to find two EPs for my mother at target. By the time my friend wanted one (fall 2011) they were gone from Target and we snagged her the last Double Deluxe (also the last sims game) from another store, I think it was either Best Buy or Office Max or...I don't remember. Anyway, they don't even sell them there anymore, so when I get my next EP it will come from Amazon. (Surprisingly, Barnes&Noble sells game guides but not the actual game, even though they sell video games. This is annoying to me because people keep giving me gift cards and I rarely buy books!)
Also, I think the only conflict in getting two different language EPs would be in not speaking both languages.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#8 Old 7th May 2012 at 2:53 PM
You can change the game language in the windows Registry (sp?)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:59 PM
I got all my physical copies at Half-Price Books. I'm not sure if there are any in Canada, but you might want to check out other used book or game stores in your area. If you can, open the box first and check that it has all the discs, the manual, and that the discs are in good condition. I ended up buying Seasons with only one disc in the box and had to take it back. Learned my lesson, hehe. As for the price, I think they were about comparable to the used prices on Amazon.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:01 PM
TS2 and most EP's and SP's are available either as new or used on Amazon or Ebay. Craigslist, Local stores (not the boxes but places that sell used games) and sometimes (rarely lately) Best Buy or target (maybe walmart) has a pack or some pieces available.

Also lately I have gotten really lucky at garage sales. Just saying.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:16 PM
OH NOES! NOT AGAIN! Mods and Admin: Please create a sticky thread about where you can buy/find Sims 2 EPs and SPs.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:22 PM
I got mine at E-Bay and a store or two that no longer exists (so no help there).

Otherwise, it's pretty much as others have suggested. Try Amazon, both new and used items (individual sellers), your local used books, games and video store, half.com. Make sure you have a usable activation code. While some here seem to be able to easily find this stuff, others seem to be having a much harder time.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:55 PM
Used game rack at the local game store, and Amazon. Amazon US has 'em all.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th May 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
OH NOES! NOT AGAIN! Mods and Admin: Please create a sticky thread about where you can buy/find Sims 2 EPs and SPs.
I actually looked hard for one before making mine, I was surprised there wasn't something already XD I'm going to check Best Buy first, and then pout if I have to go online. I don't really like online shopping much XD I'll go garage saling soon, there's a big one in my neighbourhood next month :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th May 2012 at 8:32 PM
Default Amazon & Teh Internetz
I originally got mine from Walmart, but the last tme I bought one was around 2009/2010. About a year ago, I went to buy Bon Yoyage (the last EP I didn't have) and no store had them. I was sad! I haven't gotten BV yet, but you can get them online. Chack out Amazon. You can also get them in other more scallywag-like ways....what? I didn't say anything...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th May 2012 at 8:57 PM
Amazon all the way, for me. Shopping is not something I enjoy, so being able to find what I need online quickly and easily, then have it arrive on my doorstep a couple days later, is an awesome thing! Amazon is my number one resource for all kinds of things.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th May 2012 at 9:49 PM
I get mine from Origin. The only downside is that it takes a while to install. It took longer then an hour for it to install the University Life Collection for me!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th May 2012 at 1:12 AM
Got Mine at Best Buy, pretty much where I get all my games.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:01 AM
I bought Sims 2 Double Deluxe and all the EPs and SPs I have at a local used games store (Bookman's). Check your local used games store.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vladora
I got all my physical copies at Half-Price Books. I'm not sure if there are any in Canada, but you might want to check out other used book or game stores in your area. If you can, open the box first and check that it has all the discs, the manual, and that the discs are in good condition. I ended up buying Seasons with only one disc in the box and had to take it back. Learned my lesson, hehe. As for the price, I think they were about comparable to the used prices on Amazon.
I've gotten some at Half Price books for around $5
Instructor
#21 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:33 AM
Just for the record, I bought all my EPs on release day (I am Sims addict, what can I say?) but as the games get scarcer to find folks may be forced to find the games in less err, acceptable ways. I have found a fantastic source for my games that makes reinstalling so much easier. No more dance of the 17 disks! So my disks sit in their cases, nice and safe and sound and my DVD drive does not get a ridiculous workout.

The game was released in 2004. Times have changed and I am changing with them, as much as a stubborn old lady can.

:-)

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Inventor
#22 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:22 AM
Got them all except the base game and AL second hand from my country's online auction website. I'd definitely suggest using ebay or something if you want them cheap and don't mind buying used copies.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:26 AM
My introduction to the Sims 2 game was the Double Deluxe, which I bought at WalMart. Soon, Circuit City was having its going out of business sales and I bought many of the EPs and SPs there for as much as 70% off the regular price. The last SPs I needed, Teen Style and IKEA Home Stuff, I bought on eBay.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:50 AM
If you want to find one that isn't online I'd suggest Half Price Books. I went there the other day in search for a Fall Out Boy CD that Best Buy hasn't had in stock for months and I saw a whole rack with Sims 1 and Sims 2 games. I wish I had checked there a long time ago before I paid full price for all of the EPs but I don't think it would have made much of a difference now since I bought them years ago.
Most of the stores like Target, Walmart, and Best Buy over where I live don't carry anything Sims 2 related anymore except for Life Stories :/
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:07 AM
Amazon, you can find the games pretty much them cheap enough. Just do not try to buy "Collectibles" they are pretty expensive. Good luck, hun.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Page 1 of 3