Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:34 AM
I've gotten all of mine at either Best Buy (a few years ago), or Amazon.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:52 AM
I was lucky to find a most of my eps at Walmart, but they sadly do not carry anything but the Sims3 now, the local video game store had a few as well. Surprisingly I was able to find the last few I was missing (other than the Holiday pack as of yet) on Kiji if that helps...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:01 AM
About a year ago, amazon had half the stuff packs for under 7 dollar. I just quickly checked the site and the sp cost more now, but several of the eps are listed at a good price. This is the American amazon though.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:12 AM
Going with Fivey and saying that in some cases, I'm pleading the fifth. o_o" Most times I just got them from the local games store, preordered . . . most times . . .

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#30 Old 8th May 2012 at 1:33 PM
I'm from England, but I got mine on Ebay. It was only a few months ago.
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:16 PM
A combination of Amazon, Ebay (around Christmas time), and my brother's friend.
Mostly Amazon though.

PS. I found Apartment Life really difficult to find so keep an eye out if you really want that!

A: So are we cool?
B: Like the other side of the pillow! :)
Instructor
#32 Old 11th May 2012 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
EBAY. If it's not there, it doesn't exist!

I even bought Moth balls on ebay, which are prohibited in Sweden. But, not in england apparently.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Instructor
#33 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:48 PM Last edited by McChoclatey : 22nd Jul 2012 at 3:07 AM.
Default I'm Getting Desperate--Where do You Get Your The Sims 2?
I google'd it so I can get another the sims 2 base game, but all that really comes up is amazon and my mothers says she can't buy it under her account because she can't remember her password.
The only place I can find is amazon ; are there any other sites (aside from eBay!)? Where did you get yours from? Is this the end? I'm freaking out here!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:57 PM
Depends what country you live in really! Also, depending on where you live, have you tried looking in shops that sell second-hand games? I got a few of the Stuff Packs that way. Or you may be able to find it on eBay. Or your mum could reset her password or set up a new account on Amazon! :-)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOO! UGH!

I'm sorry, but I had to shout it out! Do you know how many threads there are about this subject? And I have requested a sticky thread for the same topic but no luck!

Back to the topic:

Did you try Ebay? Some EPs and SPs may be used but are still in good shape, be careful though, since the used ones can have CDs that are scratched a lot to an extent where the CD doesn't work anymore. Seriously, if it's scratched and doesn't work, why sell it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I'm sorry, but I had to shout it out! Do you know how many threads there are about this subject? And I have requested a sticky thread for the same topic but no luck!

Gimme a link to the old one, and I'll sticky it for you and merge this- I've noticed a proliferation of these, too.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#37 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:31 PM
You need to be sure you write when you are using Google search that you want to buy Sims 2 original base game. It will take you to EBay I saw plenty of them there very cheap for as litte as 9.00 dollar.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Gimme a link to the old one, and I'll sticky it for you and merge this- I've noticed a proliferation of these, too.

Are four threads enough?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469486
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473497
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=475803
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=470137

(I stopped at page 40, just to remember.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:35 PM
Okay, I merged two and closed the others- so this is now the official thread for talking about this. And I put it in the popular threads, okay?
Instructor
#40 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:38 PM
You can buy a lot of Sims games at www.marktplaats.nl. Although it is a Dutch site, so you have to speak Dutch.
Instructor
#41 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 3:38 AM
It feels like amazon is the only option then...*hmph* well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. Somehow, I'll have to convince my mom that amazon's the only site...

Instructor
#42 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 3:51 AM Last edited by McChoclatey : 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:42 AM.
Wait does the Sims 2 Fun with Pets run well with the Sims 2 Deluxe?

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Wait does the Sims 2 Fun with Pets run will with the Sims 2 Double Deluxe?

Yes it does! Double Deluxe is compatible (and runs pretty well) with all of the collection packs, EPs, and SPs.

|| Tumblr ||
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:05 AM
I recently got back into the Sims2 and had to buy FreeTime and Apartment Life as I left the Sims community just after BV came out. I could barely play it on my old computer. So two months ago I got FT and AL right after each other on Ebay. But there was half.com as well (part of Ebay) and Amazon. I found a few that were sealed still and not used.
Instructor
#45 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mew1210
Yes it does! Double Deluxe is compatible (and runs pretty well) with all of the collection packs, EPs, and SPs.

LOL, whoops, I was typing too fast. I meant just deluxe.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:43 AM
It feels like amazon is the only option then...*hmph* well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. Somehow, I'll have to convince my mom that amazon's the only site...

There's not a thing wrong with Amazon. It's a great site, and as with all great sites, there's a way to recover or reset forgotten account passwords. Check the sign-in page.
Instructor
#47 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
There's not a thing wrong with Amazon. It's a great site, and as with all great sites, there's a way to recover or reset forgotten account passwords. Check the sign-in page.

I don't have a problem with it--my mom does. She feels it's too complicated; that they changed the way it works too much. And plus her computer's slow, so she refuses to use amazon. She wanted me to look up other sites where she can just 'click and buy' so to speak, but as you can tell, there are barely any sites left that have the Sims 2. My mom doesn't like Ebay, most store sites don't have the base game, and most stores don't sell the Sims 2 either over by where I'm at.

Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:59 AM
I got all of my Sims 2 games either from Best Buy or Target. (Yes i had every single sims 2 game exept for the stories. And i say "Had" because some of the games i try to download now wont .)
Mad Poster
#49 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 6:17 AM
I don't have a problem with it--my mom does.

Offer to do the "driving" yourself, then she won't have to fuss with it.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Okay, I merged two and closed the others- so this is now the official thread for talking about this. And I put it in the popular threads, okay?

Not what I wanted exactly or expected, but thanks anyway!
Page 2 of 3