Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#126 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:26 PM
agrauwin - That message doesn't prevent you from downloading anything.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#127 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:42 PM
Wes,
Thank you for all your hard work!!
You might want to add the autonumtool to the GEOM plugin thread?
It works great and its easier to refer to your GEOM plugins instead of the post were they are located now.
The mangle tool also worked for me altho the morphs needs a bit adjusting sometimes but it saves you so much work!
Thanks again!!
Test Subject
#128 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 3:15 PM
Default Do I need to register?
Hello I have tried... and failed at hair meshing, I'm converting this hair mesh ,http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=268863, from sims 2 to sims 3.
I've gotten to the Reshaping for Conversions section of the sims 3 hair basics wikia. At this point importing using the plugins I downloaded will not function and I get a box that says "This copy is not registered..." This message wasn't displayed when I imported with other plugins. Help?
Sockpuppet
#129 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:51 PM
You do need a registred version of Milkshape, has nothing to do with the plugins.
Your trial version expired?
Inventor
#130 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:02 PM
Importing puTopNude I got the following warning:
Hashed Bone 0xFEAE6981 not in skeleton

I've already used Postal to export to Wes/package and exported the simgeom and skcon from that package, but still get this warning.
That means it is missing a bone, right?
This is a mesh from the basegame, what do I have to do, to not get this message?
Wes always has a reason to display error messages for us, so this must mean something is going wrong?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#131 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 5:30 PM
Had that message so many times and i often messed up things bad when ignoring it.....but that could just be me. :D
I suspect it has somehing to do with the bonesettings as that mesh uses 4 diffrent bones on some vertices
Alchemist
Original Poster
#132 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
You might want to add the autonumtool to the GEOM plugin thread?
It works great and its easier to refer to your GEOM plugins instead of the post were they are located now.
The mangle tool also worked for me altho the morphs needs a bit adjusting sometimes but it saves you so much work!
Thanks again!!

I will try to work on your suggestion in the near future. I haven't quit simming, but I am playing with some new, non-sims stuff and don't get here as often as I used to.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
#133 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
What?...not totally, obsessively absorbed in S3 to the exclusion of all else?...blasphemy!...lol. Well, you know you'd be missed so don't be a stranger.

I hope you're having fun with the new toys
Test Subject
#134 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:56 AM
this may be a dumb question but... where do I extract these??? thanks
Test Subject
#135 Old 25th May 2010 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
Importing puTopNude I got the following warning:

I've already used Postal to export to Wes/package and exported the simgeom and skcon from that package, but still get this warning.
That means it is missing a bone, right?
This is a mesh from the basegame, what do I have to do, to not get this message?
Wes always has a reason to display error messages for us, so this must mean something is going wrong?

I have that problem too. How do I fix it??
Alchemist
#136 Old 25th May 2010 at 1:08 AM
From the MSProgramNotes.txt included in the download:

"Installation for all MilkShape plugins consists of unzipping the file and placing it
in the MilkShape program folder. It you used the installation defaults, this will be
"C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.8.5" or, on Vista 64-bit it will be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MilkShape 3D 1.8.5".

After placing the plugin in the program directory, close (if you are using MilkShape) and
restart the program. Plugins are searched for only when the program starts up. If you
put this in the right place, you will find a new entry in the File->Export or File->Export
labelled as lised above."
labelled as lised above."
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:50 PM
Hang on... are we talking Visual C++ runtime or Visual Basic runtime??? I can't find a Visual Studio 2008 run time....
gawdamn windows.

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Alchemist
#138 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:02 PM
This one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4d-074b9f2bc1bf

should work for 32 or 64 bit system.

And I'm right there with you...never had anything else...but Windows is painful.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#139 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:58 PM
Sorry about that, it's the C++ runtime you need. In retrospect, I should have used Visual Studio 2005 because nearly everyone would have that already installed if they are playing TS3, but I had upgraded to VS 2008 because of another program, and I just used it to compile these with. There is nothing special from VS 2008 that the plugins use, except the versions need to match.

For practical reasons, given how many people are using these for so long, it is too late to change back now.

Alchemist
#140 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:03 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 1st Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM.
So did I give a wrong link?...if so I should edit or delete it.

eta: after checking it the link I gave looks right. And I imagine you would have already corrected me if I was wrong...lol.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:52 AM
ha ha pretty useless, but if you wrote this in C++ it could be re-wrapped into a mac native cocoa app.
Useless because you can't use milkshape on macs. LOL.

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Inventor
#142 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wondersueak
I have that problem too. How do I fix it??

Wes always has a reason to display error messages for us, so better do not ignore them.

Base1980 says: I suspect it has something to do with the bonesettings as that mesh uses 4 different bones on some vertices.

I did not solved that, but I imported another topmesh first, next imported the Nudetop and saved the nudetop with the bones from that first topmesh.
No error message when I imported that nude top again, but I do not think this a the right way to do it!!

Probably because I only use as little as possible parts of that nudetopmesh, I did not had any difficulties yet. I use it mainly for the shape.

In TS2 those 4 bone assignments usually where located in the thumb, if I remember correct, so I now just use hands from a mesh that do not give that error message at import.

My advise is actually to just use another mesh.
Sockpuppet
#143 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:37 PM
I made the toddler raincoat(avator) also with one of the GEOMs that gave me those errors.
Couldn't find any errors when playing with it ingame but i might had corrected it already by adjusting a few boneweights.
Had one or 2 spikes that could have been caused by the error, not sure tho.
Inventor
#144 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:27 PM
Do you remember where those 4-bone assignments you did see, were located in the TS3 mesh? In the hands ?
Certain unmentioned meshes usually give that error message too, I wonder if they all have those 4-bone assignments.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#145 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM
There are 257 different "bone" names in the au rig. Fortunately, only a subset of them are found in most meshes, because MilkShape does not like more than 128 joints. Most of the ones that do not appear regularly are various little-used slots, not real joints.

It takes a lot of research to match that Hash value to the name, one of the simplest ways would be to view the adult rig with the Granny viewer (in itself an advanced task) and scan through them until you find it.

However, on a practical basis there is no reason to fret too much. You could add that joint to the joint list, there are a few slots left before you hit the 128 limit. When writing a file, the joint names are hashed into that binary stuff, and the exporter will recognize 0xFEAE6981 as a special sequence and just change it directly to binary instead of using the hash algorithm.

If you just proceed, the export will not have that bone (nor any assignments to it), but the only adverse effect is that any special animation that depended on that will simply fail to move it (if an animation references a non-existent joint, the action is just skipped).

I don't recall seeing any four bone assignments in TS3, there were some in the hands in TS2. That error message (actually, it is just a warning) has nothing to do with the assignment count, just the list of joints that were in the mesh file versus those that I programmed the importer plug-in to recognize. It was a compromise to make 3 pounds of stuff fit in a 2 pound sack. The fact that it occurs so infrequently shows that it is not a major issue, even though it is a limitation.

<* Wes *>

Inventor
#146 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:18 PM
Wow, thank you Wes, to answer this. I wish I could say I understand it completly. My monitor just went in stand-by while I tryed to comprehend it all.

If I translate it as I understood it: Do not worry to much about it, you can proceed doing nothing about it. Keep the warning in mind, and if you get animation-fail, you can add 0xFEAE6981 in the joints list by writing it in there, and the exporter will know what to do with it.
Sockpuppet
#147 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
Alot meshes have 4 boneassignements tho or am i wrong?
I mean, i often see the bottom box at like 80 till 98% with a 4th bone assigned.(in your unimesh bonetool)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:24 PM
I have probably not worked on as many TS3 meshes as you have, and need corrected.

But I don't think there is anything wrong with using four assignments in TS3, where needed. The importer and exporter know how to manage the implicit 4th weight.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#149 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
you can add 0xFEAE6981 in the joints list by writing it in there, and the exporter will know what to do with it.

Provided that such a joint existed in the first place. The joint positions are in the BONE file and in the RIG file, the GEOM file just references them by way of the hashed name values. The exporter will create an output file with any set of joints in it, but if the joints are not already in the game, I don't know what will happen; but probably not what is expected. It is likely if you have weighting assigned to such a non-existent joint it would act as if under-
weighted.

The exporter only exports those joints that have weighting on them, so if you go to the effort to create the joint by hash value, if you aren't adding any assignments to it, it will all be dropped on export anyway.

Inventor
#150 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:46 PM
Aha, so I think it is best to add the missing value (=not always value 0xFEAE6981) to the list then, the very first time you get that warning. And not wait and see if you get animation-fail.

The assignment/weighting is in the mesh on first import, right? Thats why you get the warning? The importer reads an assignment to a bone value that is not in the list, thus gives a warning?
You add the missing value to the list, the assignment is correct now and everybody happy.
There must be a catch there, it sounds so simple. That "not always 0xFEAE6981" is what you write in the box, is it? The exporter will translate that on export to the right info the game needs?

Sorry Wes, I think my brain is wired different than yours. I will try to play with this new info tomorrow, also the weighting stuff needs some polishing.
Page 6 of 10