Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 11:27 PM
Default Recolouring Paintings and CEP
So I'm a total noob at any kind of cc making, but I wanted to learn how to recolour paintings as I am wanting something for the MTS build competition that I can't seem to find. I opened SimPE but when I click on Photo Studio like the tutorial says I get a pop up window saying "The CEP must be installed and has not been found" Now I do have CEP, because I have a lot of cc recolours so I need it for those to show. I'm thinking it can't find it because it's on different drive? Checking properties it says CEP is on C drive and SimPE is on D drive. Should I try and download CEP again? Is it possible to send it to D drive?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 12:04 AM
Have you checked whether the path is specified in the SimPE properties? Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders, I think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:50 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 24th Jun 2013 at 8:27 AM.
No as I wouldn't know about things like that, but thanks for the tip, I'll look.

I added the zCEP-EXTRA folder from my The Sims 2 folder and it still says it can't find it.

I found another folder called CEP inside my mods/hacks folder, that one has an enable colour options GMND file. I added that as well and it still says CEP is not found. Should I move the folder? I'm wondering if inside my mods folder is the correct place for it. Is there some other CEP folder that I need?

I found the CEP documentation pdf which said I also needed CEP from inside my program files, which I have also added and I'm still getting the same message.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~