Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:19 PM
Default WCIF a fix for broken store hair?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ategoryId=13818

When this hairstyle is set to all clothing categories, it doesn't set itself to the nude category. Even when I personally select the hair in the nude category it doesn't stick. It's always replaced with a random hairstyle. Are there any fixes for this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:19 PM
There are a few store hairs that have the same problem, but I'm sorry to say I've never seen a fix for it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM
Isn't it possible to edit it with S3PE?

Quote:
Open the package with S3PE. Tick the box marked "Tag" and then find the CASP File. From there click Grid, and just check/decheck the "Naked" box.
(source).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Spiderses : 21st Apr 2015 at 7:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
Isn't it possible to edit it with S3PE?

(source).

Oh, thanks. I'll try that out.
edit: I'm not entirely sure where to find the packages for installed store hair?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:09 PM
I think you could convert it to a package with S3P Multi Installer. I've never done this with store items, though, but I think it can't do any harm.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
I think you could convert it to a package with S3P Multi Installer. I've never done this with store items, though, but I think it can't do any harm.

Thanks for helping, but it doesn't seem that store items can be edited with S3PE, now that I've finally gotten them extracted.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM
You'd have to first decrap those store items for S3PE to be able to edit them. Alternatively, there is Easy Casp Editor by Kuree that allows you to edit both game items and items installed through the launcher.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
You'd have to first decrap those store items for S3PE to be able to edit them. Alternatively, there is Easy Casp Editor by Kuree that allows you to edit both game items and items installed through the launcher.

For some reason, the hairstyle doesn't show up in the CASP editor, even though I installed it through the launcher and can find the hairstyle's package file in my DCBackup folder.
I feel like it would be easier to just try and find a similar hairstyle to use and uninstall this store hair. Anyone have any similar hairstyles?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:14 AM
Over at MATY there's this tool called TS3 Recompressor. It decraps store files, just drag and drop the Sims 3 package file on it. At first you will see a little black screen but it will disappear when it's done.
As for similar hairstyle, there's this gorgeousness from coolsims. It's not that similar but I think it can make a good replacement.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 7:46 PM
I am done with this hair. I'm deleting it and going with a similar hairstyle.
No store fixes and no decrappers work for it. When I unlock it for editing in S3PE, the game no longer recognises it.
This is just making me so frustrated.