Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 7:34 AM
Recoloring new maxis objects?
I have SimPE 0.14c. Do we have to wait for an update to find the new screen object available from the main sims2 site? I think I may have a map that will work for it, but I cannot be sure til I see what the actual map looks like. I looked for the object in OW but it was not there. I ran the game, found the object in the game, then tried to find it in simspe again, with no luck. Any help here is appreciated
Advertisement
Firestarter
#2 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 7:38 AM
What I do is use Game Extractor to pull the object out of the pack file, then you can do stuff with it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 7:52 AM
It will mnot be in the reqular files as it is a maxis addon so you will not find it in the main tab of OW, and you cannot createfrom object packages. I would not suggest using the old tutorial to try as its out of date.

The second tab over (load object) in OW will allow you to find the package but at this time until the CEP is updated theo object will not be recolorable.

This may be in the next CEP update
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:56 AM
The add-on Maxis objects are on my to-do list for the CEP, but currently I'm working on more important things, like recolourable chimneys and other things.
But I'll definitely study them to see if they can be included in the CEP; if they are already recolourable, CEP is not needed and OW *should* recolour them correctly.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:10 AM
I would not have said they needed CEP if they were recolored or had options turnedon already They don't and will need to go into CEP. As they are a add on and not and original the object will need to have been installed prior to the CEP package that they are added to unless the installer sets the CEP package date way ahead (RGiles idea) or the CEP gmnd will be read before the gmnd in the Maxis add on - and will never be recolorable.