Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:44 PM
Default Need a Portugese translator at SimPe site
I'm trying to help someone in this thread http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/forum/viewforum/2

Since their original language is Portugese, I thought it might help if someone who could explain in Portugese could come take a look at the thread.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM
Maybe Claudia will..?
You might get more help in Off-Topic discussion? Or somewhere on the main site
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Kiara24 : 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:21 PM.
I can help! I'm Portuguese! But I'm not very good at SimPE...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 10:36 PM
I was hoping you would see this. I'm pretty good with SimPe, but I don't speak Portuguese. So I posted where I knew someone who speaks Portuguese might see it. We are getting down to how to look for a sim who was deleted from a community lot and is probably in the Portuguese version of the "Default" family. (Where the ghosts and unlinked sims are binned)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Theorist
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 10:48 PM
Site Helper
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:22 AM
Do you happen to know what the "Default" (ghost/unlinked) family is called in a Portuguese game?

For example: If you open a neighborhood in SimPE that has the default downtown attached to it and use the sim browser to find the ghosts from the cemetery lot, they will appear in an English game with names like "Kvornan Tricou" but will be listed as being in the "Default" family.

I need to know what "family" they are associated with. I think that is where the missing sim is likely to be found.

I would also like you to read my latest reply in that thread and if it is not likely to be clear in Portuguese could you please try to explain in Portuguese how to work a teleporter?

Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:43 AM
If I understand well the person deleted a Sim in a city and want to recover it, you need I tell you the names of families in Portuguese?
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM Last edited by Kiara24 : 23rd Aug 2009 at 2:06 PM.
I read the thread in SimPE and I have a question... The Sim he delete is dead?
Because if is dead and if that person have the University expansion, could use the "call for the death" and restore the ghost Sim.
Can I reply in that thread?
If I could talk to that person in Portuguese maybe I can help more...

Default = predefiniĆ§Ć£o
I know default in skins is all skins are replaced.
ghost/unlinked = fantasma / desvinculado
Since English is very different from the Portuguese is important to understand the context to translate ...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 2:59 PM
Yes, you can reply in the thread. It would be very helpful if you would.

No the sim is not dead. I think what happened when the sim was deleted was that the sim lost most of the connections with the regular family and became "unlinked". The same thing happens when a sim becomes a ghost, (which is why the sim would be in the Default family), but this sim is still alive. The game is reading the sim as being saved on the community lot that he owns, so it won't let the family be played. But it can't find the sim on the lot so it won't let the lot be played to get the sim off the lot.

He needs to get the sim into a different lot and re-connected to a family. Once the sim is moved in with any family at all, it will be a simple matter of moving out with the newspaper and back in with the original family.

Theorist
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Kiara24 : 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:58 PM.
I already resister in the Site but I can't access there because I have problems with my email and can't go there. I think I have to create a new email...
I'm there now when you need
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:54 PM
Site Helper
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 5:22 PM
Yes; but there is a fundamental difference between a human translator and a computerized one. Humans understand context better. A famous example was the one where the phrase "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" was translated from English to Russian and came out as "The vodka is good, but the meat is poor".

Computer stupidity is what caused most of the trouble in the first place; we don't need to add any more into the mix.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 4:59 PM
I need you back there again. She is having trouble finding the teleporter in the catalog.

(Which is not too surprising now that I think about it; Inge is known for putting things in very odd places sometimes.)

Theorist
#14 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 6:58 PM
Ok, I go there again, I love to help!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:42 PM
She posted again. She has the sim back, but the car lot is not working because the game still thinks there is a saved game in progress. I can't think of anything else to help other than restoring a backup, but she doesn't have one. But she wants to thank both of us. I'm still trying to think of what might help, but I think I'm out of ideas.

Theorist
#16 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:25 PM