Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
matrix, about that crowd spawner, how useful is it?
I mean can we just plop a few down in nightclubs to get busy clubs?

The Crowd spawner is 20x30. It WOULD be the club, but the spawner only works in Stadiums/Concert Halls (which I'm still trying to figure out. It's odd.

I'm going to try and post a video of a concert. ^_^

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:32 PM
Has anyone tried it on Mac?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:38 PM
It would have been nice if the crowd spawner was a little smaller, like 5x5 or something so we could just join them together and make our crowds however big we'd like. Wonder why it only works on specific lot types.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:40 PM
^It works that way because it's intended for shows. Crowds are only active during shows.

If you use collection folders, you can put whatever you want on stage. Like, if you wanted a bedroom scene for a sing, you can do that, BUT you cannot use build mode, so if you want walls, I assume you have to do that before hand. it's in the video I'm uploading now, and I discovered it while on stage.

-Sims pop in to the scene when the concert starts
-When in the vicinity of the stage, the entire world goes back, until you leave the arena.
-Sims are rendered as the following: Actual Sims, Semi-renders Sims (they look like crap), and then sprites. No addition lag what so ever, so no worries.
-I, honestly, have no idea where rabbit holes for big shows are located. at all.

Video:
http://youtu.be/dZj-T_6tr00

Scholar
#55 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:47 PM
I love it so far...my bar has...a pool table(almost wanna cry over this)....just had my sim join the singing profession....

the game loaded just fine...no hiccups as of yet
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
A hassle? To rearrange/add some tables and chairs? o_O

Like I said, its not that simple. they have special rugs now, people doesnt just randomly gather around.

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Actually I believe that hair is CC converted from the Sims Medieval.

Yes. Like I said earlier, I wont touch the new hairs. :P
Mad Poster
#57 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:12 PM
Actually, people do gather at random. You don't have to put down anything. It's just that is you want to designate seating, you can.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:08 PM
Ah. Thanks for that intel. I'm too lazy anyway, will probably just download some random buildings with stages.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:11 PM
Alright.

Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 6th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM.
Yeesh, I've been playing with Showtime for a few hours now, but I was playing in my own world. I just checked out Starlight Shores and I've gotta say I'm less than impressed. There's not much to it, and *I* can do a better job blending terrain paints.

That's all there is to it.

See how blotchy the terrain paint is? :-/ Although I do like the 'Hollywood' sign.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:27 PM
Not to be a turd or anything, but EA's world is better, but your world is much more interesting and pleasing to look it

And the "Blotchyness" is intended for the look from a far, but I know you mean. When you get close up (which we are most of time) it loses it's effect, and look muddy.

Forum Resident
#62 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:42 PM
OOps....wrong thread!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:50 PM
throwing cow plant at performer doesn't do anything!
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM
Can you workout with the mp3 player or do you still need a tv or hi-fi?
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:41 AM
I have to ask, is there any way to preference what kind of singer you are? Everything I find on the internet is mostly hip hop/pop singer stuff. Really wonder if there is like an Opera singer choice. D: If you can be a Opera-ish singer I will go buy this right now lol.

But overall everything looks interesting, only expansion I haven't gathered on release, and slightly regretting it. :P
Mad Poster
#66 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:46 AM
MP3 player thing, I'll check now, but there is no opera in the game. BUT you do decide what songs you sing, but you can't keep a steady genre of music, though. :/
--------------------------------------------
You cannot work with the mp3 player.
And technophobes have no problem listening to it.

Inventor
#67 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:50 AM
Got the Katy Perry edition today :P
I'm wondering, do Twallan's current mods work with Showtime? Because there was no other patch and my base game still says 3.1. It would be awesome if they did!
Scholar
#68 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
Got the Katy Perry edition today :P
I'm wondering, do Twallan's current mods work with Showtime? Because there was no other patch and my base game still says 3.1. It would be awesome if they did!

All mods are compatible with 1.31
Inventor
#69 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:34 AM
Sweet! I'm reinstalling my Twallan mods right now :D
I love Showtime so far. The gameplay reminds me a little of Superstar, one of my favorite EPs of all time. I have a sim in the singing career, only level 1 so far. The sing-o-gram animations are cute.
I love how your sim can have a stage name. Now I don't have to name my Lady Gaga sim 'Lady Gaga'. She can just be Stefani Germanotta and have her stage name! :P
Mad Poster
#70 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:40 AM
I am having a hard time with the whole simport thing. It could be due the fact that I've had very little sleep over the last 48 hours.

But, I've managed to get my sim stuck at one of her tour locations. She came back to me, but her travel papers say that she hasn't completed that tour. It's been a couple of hours now, and the person who hosted the sim has been very active with simport overall. It should have completed. So I thought, maybe I should just delete the tour and try again, but the travel papers won't let me. It crashed the game the first time I tried to delete, after that it just refused to recognize that I was trying to delete the tour.

I currently don't have many people on my list, but those who are...they have been whipping out the tours out left and right. A couple of them even have 3 different sims out at a time! And here I am...I sent my sim out the one time, but I've some how managed to screw it up. I feel like a simport failure. :sobs: Also, I kind of think I need more friends to port with. The ones I have are too busy for me, perhaps. Hard to squeeze me into the schedule. (Pity me...I know I do!)
Field Researcher
#71 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:02 AM
installing...

let's see how it is...
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:30 AM
Default hmmm
gee well I would love to tell you but my games been crashing and its my fourth try :/
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:30 AM
My simport also has failed. I got a request for my sim to perform at a fellow simmer's park and when I go to accept and send her every time it says "failed to book tour. Try again." Yet it then pops up that she will leave when her ride arrives and then nothing. LOL so I don't know. Maybe it's this certain stop. We'll see I guess, I wasn't going to even give it a try but I am intrigued now that I have Showtime.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:08 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 7th Mar 2012 at 3:38 PM.
Well, I tried again...this time, instead of just sending to the one girl...I spammed the whole friend list. The original girl was able to host my sim. But that one failed tour is still on my tour list, and I still can't cancel it. I have yet to get a friend to accept me as a host. I have one posted, but it's just sitting there waiting.

I will defeat this thing called SimPort. I will.

EDIT: The failed tour has finally deleted itself, I see.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
That first sim in the slideshow looks a lot like a good friend of mine.

GOOPY! I've missed Goopy.
Page 3 of 18