Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:07 AM
Default Gay/lesbian and bisexual sims?
Does anyone else every play gay or bisexual sims?

I don't usually play strictly gay/lesbian sims. Most of my sims are bisexual, though... for example, one of my warlocks living in Hidden Springs had kids with several different women, but also had several same sex relationships, including a pretty steady one with Sebastian Vanderburg. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:22 AM
I prefer to play LGBT sims Though I must admit, they're all (like me) monogamous to their spouses, regardless of what gender they are.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:32 AM
Yeah I play gay sims sometimes. Although it would be nice if there were at least one pre-made gay couple.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:00 AM
I usually don't care. If my sims hit it off with someone and they're single, then the gender doesn't matter. Well, pre-mods, I usually played them either hetero or non-monogamous, because I prefer my sims to have biological kids, both because I like to play with genetics and because the EA premade kids look bland at best. But now that I have same-sex pregnancy mods, it doesn't matter to my monogamous sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:18 AM
I usually play a heterosexual woman, A gay man, or an asexual male. XD

I've just never gotten around to making a lesbian yet.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:26 AM
I have a couple of lesbian couples in my legacy game. Had them in there to test genetic inheritance, and simply found them much too fun to evict afterward.

Never played a male-male partnership though. I do have a couple in the testing games I use for [Woohooer], though I don't think that really counts.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:57 AM
It just depends on the sim/what sims they meet and 'hit it off' with.

Normally I have a pretty even amount of same-sex and straight couples (that I play; story progression is a different story obviously, but I think I have 'chance of gay sim' in story prog set to 40 or 50? I can't remember) in my game. Currently I'm on the third generation of my legacy and the first couple was straight, the next is a lesbian (she's a faerie and outlived her first girlfriend who ended up marrying a (male) friend anyway, and is now in a relationship with a (female) vampire), and the current heir is straight but I put my legacy on hold for a bit to adjust to Seasons and am playing a lesbian couple in the meantime. They're actually derailing my legacy completely now though because I'm way more fond of them than my current heir.
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 2:47 AM
When doing free play, I tend to have a pretty good mix of all orientations. When I do legacy play for a challenge, though, all of my heirs are always heterosexual, because I'm not a fan of the broken bloodline that adoption causes. Spares follow the usual anything-goes pattern.

Monogamy isn't sacred for me, even in legacy play. If my sim is flirty, or has commitment issues, you bet I'm going to roleplay that.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#9 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 5:13 AM
Are there any heterosexual sims? Certainly not in my game
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 5:18 AM
I usually play heterosexual couples, although I have made gay sims, and one lesbian couple who actually gave me the warm fuzzies when they snuggled on the couch.
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 5:24 AM
Favour straight couples in general, though if I have a chick in my active household who starts out single, she always winds up with another woman. That's probably my own preferences interfering there, I can't 'browse' the dudes for a match the same way I can for the chicks in a town. Fortunately NRaas SP makes sure most bases are covered among the inactives with regards to preference, though I'm not sure Mortimer Goth was supposed to be gay, but hey, whatever ...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 5:39 AM
I use NRaas SP as well, and the chance of gay sims is set to 5% I think, so there aren't many of them but they're around. I don't want to have same-sex pregnancy, so most couples are straight so that I can see what their children are like

My Riverview game has Ned Lu and Trevor Broke (aka Trigger, which I didn't like) who are a nice couple even if they have a habit of ignoring each other for days and then suddenly rolling lots of romance wants (or in Ned's case, asking Trevor's father for his blessing on their marriage - so I decided that must mean they wanted a wedding).
Alchemist
#13 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:25 AM
I keep the mix relatively realistic. In the Alehaster's, the only family I care about, I've had ...let's see... started with 5 Sims; (two parents and three kids) all are heterosexual. The daughter had three kids, twin girls and a boy. One of the twins is a lesbian. The eldest son of the original family of five has had 3 kids as well, all heterosexual except the daughter who is bisexual but ultimately will "choose" men after some experimentation. His youngest son recently became a father to a gay son. So, out of 14 Sims I've spent significant time with, there are two and a half homosexuals. I think that's just about accurate to real-life.

I basically just decide whether a Sim is gay based on the personality I project onto them. I start thinking, okay, who is this Sim, what makes them tick, who are they attracted to, and sometimes the answers I pluck out of the air make that Sim homosexual. The recent addition to the Alehaster brood who is the gay son, aged up from toddler to child and in doing so rolled a very flamboyant outfit. That's all it took for me to make the decision. I fixed his clothes, but he is destined to be a homo nonetheless.
Instructor
#14 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 7:54 AM
I don't really like playing with gay sims. I'm not against it, I just prefer playing with straight sims. I rarely play with male sims though. I only use them for babies. xD
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 8:01 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 29th Nov 2012 at 8:50 AM.
I rarely play with gay couples because I just can't relate to it well. But Currently I have a lesbian couple in my main legacy and I realized how I really do enjoy their relationship. They are so sweet together My next goal: gay couple. Though all the yaoi references in my head shouldn't make it too tough for me
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 8:17 AM
In the last years all of my families are composed of beautiful lesbians, thanks to wohooer they can have children too. Dunno why but i find female sims extremely cute ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 4:03 PM
There are sims that are not gay?
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 4:58 PM
i usually play straight couples because i try to play legacies (and i mean try... i always get bored too soon and kill them or ruin the family beyond repair...), but i do occasionally play gay couples, i tend to partner spares off to whoever their best friend was in high school because its easier than spending ages getting to know someone only to kick them out when theyre married, so there have been quite a few gay couples made that way haha. i did use story progression, but it moved to fast for me even on the slowest setting, and although ea is too slow, at least there are a few single sims left for me to partner up with!

EDIT: ^ and also double-barrelled surnames! yuck. i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to turn it off, so i was constantly going around town renaming everybody!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:52 PM
I like how someone went through the thread and slapped disagree on everyone ._. How mature.
Eh, back on topic: I play exclusively female females and I play somewhat legacy style and like seeing the genetics mix. So, every couple in my game is a pair of lesbians.
The reason is that I myself am one, I grew up in a predominantly female populated... ghm, actually, I think it might have to do with the fact that I always felt differently about the female gender and paid much more attention to females. I constantly crushed on females, earliest was probably my first friend nicknamed Tata. I was around 3. Obv, it's difficult to judge at the memory and at that age, but it didn't stop at her. Up until a certain age I never consciously realized, but subconsciously filed that under 'sisterly love'. Cue me getting a sister complex, minus the actual sister. But, I'm derailing.. There is pretty much none interest in me to making/having around male sims and because of the mentioned love to seeing genetics mix:
My. Games. are. Full. of. Lesbians.
%)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
EDIT: ^ and also double-barrelled surnames! yuck. i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to turn it off, so i was constantly going around town renaming everybody!

It's in the General Options, under Romance... Marriage I think. There are various options, with double-barrelled as the default.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 12:44 AM
It really depends for me. i play Sims of characters that myself and a couple of friends create, so it depends on the orientation of each Sim. There's quite a few of hereosexuals, bisexuals and homosexuals so it's pretty varied in my game. Not so much on the asexual front though admittedly [and those that are try and hook up with someone else thanks to story progression, even if their orientation's been set via Master Controller! ROBOTS. ARE NOT. FOR FUCKING.]
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 1:19 AM
I just embrace the stereotype and make use of sims fav food, music and color to determine whether they are gay.

If my sim gave birth to a boy who likes Classical music, the color Pink and Fruit Parfait, then I make him gay.

I know this is in no way reflect real life, but hey, at least I make us of those fav food/music/color rather than just them be there for aesthetic purposes.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 1:24 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 28th Nov 2012 at 1:57 AM.
I admittedly haven't got round to intentionally creating a gay or lesbian couple yet- I must do so sometime. Huge oversight on my part. I quite happily run with it when story progression randomly pairs up two sims of the same gender, though.

For instance, a human woman and a female elf autonomously started dating while I wasn't looking several months back. I decided to take it as a given that neither of them are straight, particularly since the only other sims I'd ever seen either of them flirt with were a few other women and a genderless robot:

Human:

(I know, derp. But it's a very pretty derp)

Elf:

They're probably the longest-running and most stable couple in my town. And they're adorable together.
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 1:42 AM
I generally create and play gay male pairings.
Females dont get much playtime in my game... unless they serve a greater purpose.
Like being the sister or mother to a sim I want to make a story about. xD

Doesnt mean I havent had all types in my game though. Will generally sweep through my hood every once and a while, see who looks good and pair them up regardless of gender.
Alter their gender preferences and let story progression do the rest of the work. xD
Page 1 of 3