Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 4:53 AM
Default Beard hiders
I've decided to give townies spawning with facial hair a try, but for that experiment to have a chance to be successful, I reaaaally need to hide the extremely weird/fugly facial hair that Maxis put in there.

The only hiders I have experience with are Almighty's for buy/build mode. I've tried to search on my own, but I only find things for objects, hair, clothes, and accessories. I haven't found a single mention of beards anywhere. So, either I'm stupid, can't search, or they don't exist.

Here's hoping someone can clarify the mystery as to which of the three options is correct.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 10:22 AM
I don't know about the hiders, but would default replacement facial hair work? There are a couple sets listed on the default database
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 6:01 PM
I appreciate the link, but that doesn't change the beards. It just gives them pooklet textures.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 6:31 PM
There is no hiders for any specific beard only. Maybe you can try to do it by self following this tutorial .
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 7:26 PM
It doesn't have to be for a specific beard only, as long as the beards are actually hidden. It's not difficult to extract the ones you want from a big set, and use only those.

I've tried that tutorial, but beards are not located in the same place as hairs and clothing, which is the only location the tutorial mentions. I don't know where to find them, so I can't do it myself.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 8:08 PM
Beards aren't townified by default, so as long as you only townify your custom beards, the maxis ones won't spawn on townies anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 8:41 PM
I want them to be able to spawn with Maxis beards as well. Just not the weird ones. There is a mod at MATY which makes them able to do so. I assumed the mod was needed for custom beards as well, along with townifying, but perhaps I misunderstood that. But regardless I want most of Maxis beards, so I still need to find a way to hide the ugly ones.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I want them to be able to spawn with Maxis beards as well. Just not the weird ones. There is a mod at MATY which makes them able to do so. I assumed the mod was needed for custom beards as well, along with townifying, but perhaps I misunderstood that. But regardless I want most of Maxis beards, so I still need to find a way to hide the ugly ones.

So if a townie spawns and you don't like the beard, couldn't you either: 1) Export them with Bodyshop and change the beard or 2) Just make them selectable when they show up on your lot and use the mirror to change their beard, then make them unselectable again? I use the second option... I know, it's a pain, but it's easier, in my opinion...

When a man kills a tiger, it is called a game.
When a Tiger kills a man, then it is called savagery...
Forum Resident
#9 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Horser01
So if a townie spawns and you don't like the beard, couldn't you either: 1) Export them with Bodyshop and change the beard or 2) Just make them selectable when they show up on your lot and use the mirror to change their beard, then make them unselectable again? I use the second option... I know, it's a pain, but it's easier, in my opinion...

The Batbox would be easier. You don't have to make a townie selectable and walk him/her over to a mirror. They don't even have to be greeted, just on the lot. It's under the Fix...Flashing Blue option. Gummilutt, if you like most of the Maxis beards, it might be least fussy just to change the appearance of the few who spawn with the ones you dislike.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 11:04 AM
While that may be an option for some, my game has a tendency to crash when opening clothing/hair/facial stuff. Never found the cause, so the only thing I can do is to avoid it as much as possible.