Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 4:32 PM
I'm feeling so frustrated. I'm experiencing blue lots of doom too and couldn't find any solution for this. They must release a patch for this, right? I mean, something like half of all players in the world are having this problem! o.o"
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:41 PM
I bought WA on Wednesday and played it on Wednesday with no problem. Thursday morning the exact same thing happened to me. I had to delete the game & start a new one. Seemed to work fine until just a few minutes ago when my new game did the EXACT SAME THING only this time it was after the game crashed.

I've been having tons of problems with TS3/WA that I'm getting pretty tired of it and it's about to go in the corner to sit for a very long time.
Scholar
#103 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 8:04 PM
Another tip for those with blue lots, you MUST save the game from the Edit Town view. Otherwise, upon loading the game will not read all of the lots.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 3:01 PM
I have read through this thread, and many others on different sites. I am still a bit confused. Everyone has their own theories pertaining to this blue lots issue. Can anyone confirm that if I fresh install and play with no CC, I will be able to avoid blue lots? If not, I'm not bothering to even load the game anymore. Why should I waste my time?

If the issue is only CC, then I can't wait for updates or a patch to rectify the conflict. Particularly for Lemoncandy Plants because those are some of the best contributions to the Sims community.

Can anyone confirm that I can safely play on a clean game? Thank you. Have a nice day.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 11:59 PM
Well I hate to rain on everyones parade...but I don't think it is a CC problem. I had the blue lots and reinstalled the game 3 times. I have some CC but no hacks.
In frustration I called EA. He told me to completely wipe all Sims related files from my computer and explained how to do it. I just got rid of my downloads folder and started fresh. Second time I played all of France had blue lots.I hadn't even put the stuff I'd bought from the store or Riverview back in. I called EA AGAIN and he told me to just play the base game for a few weeks till they can sort the mess out.
Scholar
#106 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyG
Well I hate to rain on everyones parade...but I don't think it is a CC problem. I had the blue lots and reinstalled the game 3 times. I have some CC but no hacks.
In frustration I called EA. He told me to completely wipe all Sims related files from my computer and explained how to do it. I just got rid of my downloads folder and started fresh. Second time I played all of France had blue lots.I hadn't even put the stuff I'd bought from the store or Riverview back in. I called EA AGAIN and he told me to just play the base game for a few weeks till they can sort the mess out.

Were you saving the game from Edit Town view or inside the lot?
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:23 AM
The only time I save now is when I finish playing...Save and Quit. I don't 'save or save as' because I thought that was part of the problem.
Test Subject
#108 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:09 PM
Hello I finally got mine to work.I followed these steps
Quote:
Those that have exhausted all other suggestions and are at the point of reinstalling, please do so exactly like this..
1) Go to My Documents and cut/paste your user files from C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ to your Desktop. (This is where your saved game data is so if you don't want to lose it make a backup first) Also, back up your cc from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods'
2) Uninstall the expansion and base game from Add/Remove Programs. Then restart your computer.
3) Manually delete the entire 'The Sims 3' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' (you should have backed up your cc in step 1) and 'The Sims 3 World Adventure' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures'
4) Download and install this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Use the registry cleaner. When it prompts you make a backup of the files you are removing
5) Restart your computer, then try to reinstall and play the game. Don't patch it the first time. See if it works. If it works then you can experiment with patches.. if you really want to.
6) If it still works, you can try adding back in your user files

I installed the base game, updated and installed WA.I didn't update afterwards and i got a few times error while saving (13 and 16) but if I play a little more it lets me save like usual and I don't get blue lots anymore.(even when my game crashed once)

I also deleted some of my cc like lemoncandy's plants( mostly i left the clothes and hair) but the breast and pointed ear sliders don't work(when i put them in the game stops showing cc).Also the slider hack works too.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Were you saving the game from Edit Town view or inside the lot?

I really don't understand why you keep telling people this is relevant -- it isn't. You're wasting their time. In the same way as when you told people to remove all their plants, when it was only some plants (and several other categories of objects besides) that caused the issue.

Just to prove that, I've come from a game where I added in some blue lot-causing content, and saved from edit town view. Blue lots.

Then I loaded a pre-patch save without any CC, and re-saved it from edit town view. Blue lots.

The way to solve the blue lot issue is to test and sort all your content by placing it in houses and reloading, and then to create a fresh post-patch save to add all your sims and houses to. Or you can wait several months for the patch to the patch. What view you save from has zero to do with it.
Scholar
#110 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Jasumi : 29th Nov 2009 at 9:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kribensis
I really don't understand why you keep telling people this is relevant -- it isn't. You're wasting their time. In the same way as when you told people to remove all their plants, when it was only some plants (and several other categories of objects besides) that caused the issue.

Just to prove that, I've come from a game where I added in some blue lot-causing content, and saved from edit town view. Blue lots.

Then I loaded a pre-patch save without any CC, and re-saved it from edit town view. Blue lots.

The way to solve the blue lot issue is to test and sort all your content by placing it in houses and reloading, and then to create a fresh post-patch save to add all your sims and houses to. Or you can wait several months for the patch to the patch. What view you save from has zero to do with it.

Are you the same person who was whining a few posts back about how EA needs to fix your game for you? News Flash: you need to be self-independent and do it yourself. I had blue lots, invisible sims, and all sorts of mayhem ensuing, and now the game is running flawlessly.

And yes, it is indeed relevant. I have tested this myself. When I choose to save from inside the lot it produces the blue abyss effect. However, choosing to save from the Edit Town view enables the game to read the save file properly. For the record, I am not alone in this mindset as many others from the official forum have also come to this conclusion. Perhaps you're just not executing the save properly.

Lastly, you need to get out of that emotional rut you've built for yourself. I don't see anyone else moaning and crying about their corrupted save file. In fact, most everyone has been helpful.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Are you the same person who was whining a few posts back about how EA needs to fix your game for you? News Flash: you need to be self-independent and do it yourself. I had blue lots, invisible sims, and all sorts of mayhem ensuing, and now the game is running flawlessly.

And yes, it is indeed relevant. I have tested this myself. When I choose to save from inside the lot it produces the blue abyss effect. However, choosing to save from the Edit Town view enables the game to read the save file properly. For the record, I am not alone in this mindset as many others from the official forum have also come to this conclusion. Perhaps you're just not executing the save properly.

Lastly, you need to get out of that emotional rut you've built for yourself. I don't see anyone else moaning and crying about their corrupted save file. In fact, most everyone has been helpful.

My problems are fixed, like I mentioned. The issue I have with you is that you seem to keep picking one irrelevant aspect of your own game install and touting it as the fix for everyone's game issues. All you're doing is spreading bad information. It literally took me ten minutes to prove that saving from the map view doesn't prevent blue lots, as I also mentioned.

Just so you know, I'll keep following you around the boards and pointing out when you spread inaccurate information about game issues -- hopefully it'll save people some time.
shiny!
retired moderator
#112 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:14 PM
Staff has discussed the direction this thread has taken, and we agree that it is no longer helpful. The arguing back and forth solves nothing and everything we can possibly suggest to do is contained within the thread. If people are still having trouble I suggest *reading* it carefully and trying the things suggested.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#113 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:24 PM
lemoncandy has now updated her plants, so it's advised that everyone update them, as they are probably responsible for some cases of blue lots.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Locked thread
Page 5 of 5