Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 8:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default CC problem that makes my game crash
Hi! Here's my problem.
I have not much CC. I have a CAS folder (merged with S3PE), between others.
A few days ago, my game started crashing. When the neighbourhood just loads, a few moments later, it crashes and sends me to the desktop.
I just discovered that the problem is in that CAS package, because when I remove it, the game works perfectly.
As I've said, CAS is a merged package, with a lot of CC inside, downloads that I add when I find them in different dates. The problem is that I don't know which package is the one that makes my game crash, and I have way too many downloads as to just eliminate it. I have CC that I don't remember where I got it and I wouldn't like to lose it.
Is there a way to find the exact download that makes the crashing? I've tried everything: Dashboard, Crash Log Analyzer, etc... but I cannot find it :/
Is there another solution, besides eliminating the package?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
hopefully you have the packages as seperates?=> its recommended in all tutorials and guides that i know of. did you checked the seperate packages with dashboard? i am not sure if you can analyze a merged package for duplicates/corrupts.
i think theres no workaraoud than finding the bad cc doing the 50/50 method and remerge your content if you know everything you are trying to merge works.
edit: also i have no idea how organized your CAS folder is, but try to remember if you maybe have double default replacements in there and such stuff that can easily make your game unplayable.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
hopefully you have the packages as seperates?=> its recommended in all tutorials and guides that i know of. did you checked the seperate packages with dashboard? i am not sure if you can analyze a merged package for duplicates/corrupts.
i think theres no workaraoud than finding the bad cc doing the 50/50 method and remerge your content if you know everything you are trying to merge works.
edit: also i have no idea how organized your CAS folder is, but try to remember if you maybe have double default replacements in there and such stuff that can easily make your game unplayable.

No, I haven't got them >.< after merging them, I eliminated them... I didn't even make a backup! What a fool!
Is it possible to unmerge them with S3PE and getting back the single packages? Or to make the 50/50 method with S3PE?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:27 PM
unmerging is possible but as far as i know ONLY when you have the eperate files=> here tutorial by nonamena http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/...tiple-packages/
but small hope maybe i found this thread and see post #2 nysha http://modthesims.info/t/513341
quote from the thread metioned above: Nysha wrote
You could try opening a merged file in S3OC to see if that will allow you to pull out a pattern - you'd have to clone the pattern without renumbering, then open both the clone and the merged file in S3PE, and delete the resources you see in the clone file from the merged file. Then repeat for each pattern. :/

this is for a pattern. but maybe you can do it for other stuff too

Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:29 PM
with this cloning and deleting method you can perform "shots in the dark" depending on how exact the content files are named. this is a lot of work but if you dont have the seperates i dont see any other option if you still want to keep as much cc as possible from that package (sorry for double post bumping)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:40 PM
Ok, I'll give it a try!
Anyway, if it's not possible, with S3OC i can see the packages and search and download them again
Thank you so much! You're a great help!
I'll tell you what happens :P
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:51 PM
i bet that the guys at the WCIF forum over here would like to help you finding stuff! good luck and i am curious to hear the news

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:12 PM
Okay. I 've been researching on my computer, my entire downloads folder (about 1000 of them), and the trash box, and re accommodating them, even to find out that I already had some of them. My eyes are like two dishes by now, you see. But it was worth it. I think I have, more or less, the same amount of CC than before!!
The packages are merging now. I hope it works. I'm praying :P
This time, and from now on, at least I'll keep a backup of everything. So it doesn't happen again.
Later I'll tell you if it worked! (IT HAS TO)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:34 PM
ill keep my fingers crossed for you! agree upon back-upping.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
omgggg why isn't this working? I sware I did everything I could, I fixed all the problems with Dashboard and it still doesn't work!!
aggghhh, okay, I'll calm down and keep trying. Now I'll try with the 50/50 method. I'm definitely not giving up, a computer is NOT gonna win me.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:52 AM
dont forget to delete the caches after you made the changes: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files
i really hope you find the cc and can go back to normal "game-enjoying-mode"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:16 PM
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I did it!! Woohooo!! The problem was in a .package called "medieval boots" ¬¬ I found it thanks to the 50/50 method.
Ok, so the moral of this is to always keep backups of everything. People, be careful!!
Thanks a lot for your help!! I couldn't have done it without it. You are amazing <3
Thank you so much!! Greetings!