Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM Last edited by scsj : 12th Aug 2014 at 8:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Mod showing up in some games and not others?
I'm pretty new to TS3 and very new to custom content and mods, so bear with me - it's possible there's an obvious problem that I just don't know how to articulate yet!

Last week I downloaded Consort's Sixpack Script-Mod and it was working perfectly until a couple days ago. I had no problems whatsoever and I was satisfied.

This last weekend, I downloaded another mod (Twallan's Woohooer, if it makes a difference), and started a dummy new game to test a couple of its features. The new mod worked great, but the sixpack mod had disappeared completely in-game. No City Hall menu, nothing in the sim's personal menu, etc. It did still show up on the main menu in the list of mods. All my other downloaded content was (and still is) there and working.

I was hoping it was a fluke, so I opened up my real game (currently my 3rd generation is at teen stage) to check, and sure enough the sixpack mod is missing there as well. The new mod is there and working fine.

At that point, I got rid of the new mod, deleted and re-downloaded the sixpack mod, restarted my computer, and did a factory reset as described here. None of that did anything.

This morning, I deleted my caches and tried again. Still nothing when I opened a new game, still nothing when I opened the same saved game as before. But then I tried it with an older saved game and it was right there where it was supposed to be, working perfectly. I reinstated Woohooer just to check, and it still works fine with the older saved game and not at all with the newer saved game or with a new game.

So to say all this in fewer words: The sixpack mod is in the correct location, shows up on the main menu, and has worked before. Now it no longer works in new games, and works in some saved games, but not others.

I have not tried reinstalling the game yet. I'd like to avoid that if possible, but of course I'll do it if I need to.

Other info:
I downloaded the game on Steam and that's what I used to play it; idk if that makes a difference.
I only have the base game.
GameVersion = 1.67.2.024037
Resource.cfg contents:

Sims 3 file: [1] [2]
Mods file: [1]
Packages file: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:12 AM
For some reason it's working again all of a sudden? I have no idea what happened but thankfully this seems to be resolved for the moment!
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
Hi, I got the same issue but haven't managed to resolve it yet. The mod's menu simply disappeared while nraas is still there - and it used to work fine for quite a long time, I have no idea what happened. I haven't new scripting mods either, in fact I have less since I'm just trying to get a bit smoother gameplay and use just the most necessary ones. But the Sixpack menu from Town Hall is simply gone, in a completely new neighbourhood where I just started a game an hour ago. :-(

Edit: heh, and after coming up with the genius idea to unpause it suddenly appeared after a few sim minutes. So maybe if you miss the menu, just make sure to actually run a few sim minutes in your new neighbourhood to allow it to appear and then try again.