Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Low graphics is game play
When i'm in cas making pretty sims, they look good. But when i go in game, they look pretty bad.
My settings are on high:

i even tried using
dachs HD mod

here are the pics in cas vs gameplay

My game is fully patched, i check with The Sims 3 Patch Downloader
i don't have integrated graphics card:

here are my specs

i also edited the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files to recognize my graphics card, according to this tutorial

they now look like this
GraphicsCards

GraphicsRules.sgr

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, or if i edited anything wrong.
Thank you for your time
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:23 PM
Put them in a well lit room, not outdoors. Outdoor lighting is -awful-. Beyond that, sim faces just do change somewhat in-game. A lot of people (okay, me, definitely, and probably others) don't call a sim finished till they have been tweaked several times from in-game (there's a cheat to edit in game or you can use Master Controller) to make them look good when actually playing, not just in CAS.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for the reply HystericalParoxysm

The sims look like this in doors. without hd mod and then with hd mod

They look better than outside, but still weird. I also i don't see much difference between hd and without...

I do have master controller. So you're saying i have to keep taking them to cas to tweak them? And back to the game several times?
That sounds like so much trouble.

I think my sims will never look as pretty as the ones i see on tumblr.

EA is so complicated
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:16 AM
you shouldnt bother too much venus. i am really not sure if those tumblr sims arent photoshopped all the time (or at least to some good extend)... i like the look of your sims - especially because they simply look like "good looking SIMS".
also i agree that the hq mod really doesnt make too much of a difference... strange in a way. one would expect more of a hq mod, wouldnt one???

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:29 AM
I found that the HQ mod made a big difference to the things that EA crunches up and makes incredibly blurry, like tattoos and accessories, but not much difference to other things.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
i like the look of your sims - especially because they simply look like "good looking SIMS".

ohh thank you ^.^

At least now i know it's normal and not bad settings or something. I just like them better in cas, but i guess i just have to deal with it

I will also try HystericalParoxysm hint and tweak them based on the in game sim.

The hq mod should be more hq lol i probably won't use it, unless tattoos and accessories get really blurry for pictures.
Thank you all for the replies, have a great day :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:54 PM
Most likely you've found the solution to your problem at this point or just given up... but for future reference to anyone else who has this problem, I figure I should post how I fixed my Sims 3 when I had the same issue.

Your resolution is showing to be set at 1024 by 768. The resolution you have this set at is simply too small for the better details to appear. You have a GTX 750 Ti, yes? That card is capable of running a much more graphically intensive game at higher resolutions. I would recommend trying to run it at 1280 by 720, or 1366 by 768. Either one of those resolutions will allow more pixels to be displayed, thus enhancing the details of your game. If your screen resolution is large enough, you could even try 1920 by 1080, which is FAR better than 1024 by 768.