Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Mods Not Working, please help?
Hello, new member. Recently got sims installed and finally got it working (it was always going to a black screen) but now i wanted to try out some mods and i started with the ones I have seen on most top 10 lists/ youtube tutorials. However i installed them under Sims 3/Mods/Packages and have the relevant Resource.cfg file too. However the mods are not showing up, i attached an image of how my file structure looks because it seems very different then what i have seen on youtube. (I'm running Windows 8). I would really appreciate any help in getting these to work.

Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:32 AM
You've got the stuff in the wrong place, alongside your game install. The Mods folder goes in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - you'll find folders like Collections, Library, Saves, Screenshots, WorldCaches, etc., in that folder, if you need to search for it. Also need to make sure you're fully patched or it won't work.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You've got the stuff in the wrong place, alongside your game install. The Mods folder goes in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - you'll find folders like Collections, Library, Saves, Screenshots, WorldCaches, etc., in that folder, if you need to search for it. Also need to make sure you're fully patched or it won't work.

Is this even if my sims install is not on the C drive?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:55 PM
the game is better installed under C: for several reasons e.p.
its one reason why updating to the latest patch doesnt work for many (is on the EAs checklist for: Problems patching The Sims 3) - also i might be mistaken here but i thought the framework for using packages relies on that structure too

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:18 PM
I've got all my mode in the correct forlders i followed the install instructions to the letter and the mods are still not showing in the launcher or game
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raven2099
I've got all my mode in the correct forlders i followed the install instructions to the letter and the mods are still not showing in the launcher or game

jumping on an existing thread isnt the wisest thing to do. helpers / the original poster can become confused and your problem doesnt need to have the same prerequisites maybe like this thread here (e.p. windows 8 user - wrong installation directory). i dont mean this rude but i think you will get better help if you open your own thread for help. you will see a thread before (before submitting your post) that has basic help features that very likely will help you (before actually posting). if you proceed to post your problem make sure the helpers get more details on your problem (system specs / since when do mods not work / pics of your directory and the framework / new to mods using in general?) all this will help the helpers ;-)

edit: also maybe this is of help at this point: CC Basics

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>