Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game freezes, yet animations still run.
I have every expansion and stuffed pack installed except sweet treats and movie stuff. My game will run for at least 5 minutes and then completely freeze, while animations continue to run. I have one core mod, and store bought cc. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both cc and expansions. The freezing began before I even installed the mod. I tuned down my graphics, and it didn't work either. Not sure if this info is of any use, but I have 8 GB of ram, and a 64-bit operating system. My desktop is an aurora r4. I've ran out of ideas on how to fix this, please help.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:34 AM
Is it where the plumbob still spins and music still plays etc. but the game itself freezes and is unplayable? I had that problem yesterday. I tried removing my cache files which didn't work but it may work for you, or what actually worked for me was bringing up the cheat window and typing " resetsim * " (without quotation marks), this resets all the sims in the town I think as the freezing problem may be caused by a stuck sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:41 PM
Yes, it's that. I removed cache files also, didn't work. I will try resetsim as soon as I start the game, because once it freezes I have to force shut down.