Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2016 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Kimia no Tama : 4th May 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Default S3PE Adding in Shiftability
Okay, so here's whats going on and I don't even know if I'm in the right area of the Creation forum so move this thread if I didn't put in the right place?

So I downloaded TheJim07's Classic Cornice Set for the Sims 3 and figured that they would look awesome if I could make them shift to line up with the cornice's on TheJim07's Hall of Mirrors Alcoves.

I opened up the cornice in S3PE and managed to get it to be shiftable, but it only shifts halfway down the wall and stops. How can I get it to shift further? I've posted up an image of the data grid involving the wall placement flags.

EDIT:

Bounding boxes.

I hate bounding boxes. The bounding box y aspect of the cornice was from 1.325765 to 2.18275. By moving the min and max y closer, I'm able now to move the cornice further up and down the wall. I just have to fine tune the amounts to match it to the other cornices on the alcoves.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th May 2016 at 9:46 AM
Usually what I do is cloning an object that is shiftable themselves and compare them with the same window you're in. But it seems that you're already on the right path fixing it. But I hate Bounding boxes as well >-<
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:44 PM
I wonder if there's a number that limits the maximum shift height. If that number could be changed, you wouldn't need to go through the process of changing tons of items.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I wonder if there's a number that limits the maximum shift height. If that number could be changed, you wouldn't need to go through the process of changing tons of items.

Well there isn't really a 'limit' Which never really appears in games like the sims, just the way they are build. The limit is to where you set it to, that's the limit you want to object to shift. Thing is, with this option, you might need to go into game a lot if you have a different mesh for your paintings because some are just too big and will go through the wall with the limit you put it on. But sadly, it wouldn't be just as easy as default texture replacements. I'm not sure if these painting scripts has a 'limit' in them as well, but it might be worth checking if there is a limit after all. I just think you can limit it yourself, because else you could shift your paintings like high up in the sky