Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 4:42 PM
Default About a Potty Chair
So, I'm considering making a scripting mod that would allow sims to throw away the waste bag from a potty chair into the toilet, because I remember being able to do that in Sims 2 and really miss it in Sims 3.

This is the XML tuning I'm seeing for the chair:

I'm not initially seeing tuning that I can adjust or tweak to direct a sim to prefer (or even go to) the toilet over the trash can. Am I correct in thinking this will be a custom script? Or am I just missing something obvious?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 7:29 PM
I think this will require a scripting mod.

PottyChair.Empty creates a TrashPile instance and pushes the sim to throw it away. The "throw it away" function is on TrashPile, so the waste bag is what determines where it gets thrown away, not the potty chair. This function looks for eligible trash cans, recycle bins, and waste chutes.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 7:43 PM
Hmm. Since sims don't normally drop things in the toilet, this could be tricky. Am I producing a "throw it away" function that solely seeks out a toilet?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Am I producing a "throw it away" function that solely seeks out a toilet?

PottyChair.Empty uses TrashPile.PutHeldTrashInCan. I guess a custom class based on that can be created, which looks for toilets. But PutHeldTrashInCan itself only finds eligible places to put the waste bag. It then calls PlaceTrashInCan to run the actual animation and to destroy the bag. One of the arguments (whatever suitable place found by PutHeldTrashInCan) required by PlaceTrashInCan is of type IAcceptsGarbage, which is not a base type of Toilet. So approaching this through TrashPile can be problematic.

Perhaps another way could be to do the toilet-searching (and routing to), animating the waste bag drop, etc. with a custom PottyChair class. A TrashPile instance might not even be needed, just a prop object using the waste bag model that can be fed to the state machine for animation, maybe something similar to how Toilet.FlushFish is set up. But I don't understand the animation system well enough to tell whether this is feasible.

Sorry this is not of much help. I don't know that much about this stuff.