Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims3Pack File Generate Tool(package to sims3pack)[8/27/2012 update to v1.4.1.36]

by Sakura4 Posted 27th May 2012 at 9:11 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:49 PM by Nysha

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th May 2012 at 2:47 PM
I have two OS on my computer, so I have installed The Sims 3 on other OS. I have patched it to 1.26 version, and still launcher didn't install such sims3pack...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spyroklown30
is there any way to make this work with update 1.31?

Version of the limit is only for the Game Launcher.
Low version of the High version of the launcher can be installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Train_guy
Can this also work with "the Sims 2" based package files?

Only support the Sims 3 file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlicious
This is such a great idea! Thank you! Would you consider updating the program to the newest patch level?

*.world, *.sim file I have tested the possible expected that the next version will be updated.
If you would like to try, you can use this version, which is the Chinese version, I have not updated in English.
http://www.mediafire.com/?n9k4isc5nb9cqnu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th May 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by King_Leo
Does this mean that no Sims3Pack with Twallans mods work?
That would be a shame. A first test was unsuccessful.
Is to improve the compatibility possible?

Can not be installed because the Game Launcher has its own detection mechanism, this can not be avoided.
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st May 2012 at 2:56 AM
Good job, it's not over i hope

I had long awaited a mod like this one, but...

I'm in v 1.33, in french version, and with a lot of Nraas mods, essentials for me (and my game).

I sincerely hope you will not stop you there way.

And sorry for my :google: translation
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st May 2012 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sakura4

im not sure i understand what you mean =/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sakura4

I also have version 1.31 and when I downloaded the mod, it let me change and install a few package files but now when I go to install the more recent ones I did, it says I have to update my game.
I too don't understand what you've said above.

Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
1.26 is the Pets patch, the one with the rig fix. If you're fully patched King Leo I think you have 1.33

I would consider joining a customized version of editor in the next update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sofyduk
I also have version 1.31 and when I downloaded the mod, it let me change and install a few package files but now when I go to install the more recent ones I did, it says I have to update my game.
I too don't understand what you've said above.

Thanks!

Version of the file is to specify that it can be what version of Game Launcher installed.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 9:55 PM
Does it have any file limit? How many packages I can put to one sims3pack? I tried 8, but it refused to install with launcher...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Does it have any file limit? How many packages I can put to one sims3pack? I tried 8, but it refused to install with launcher...

Can be installed: TSR Workshop making or official unpack package.
Other package does not guarantee.
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 3:07 AM
I'm currently have the update 1.34. I tried this with 6 patterns of the same creator. Funny it is, got "installed" or so it said (Actually it said that the package was already installed XD) But then I checked and just one pattern got through, the main sim3package was in objects and the lonely one in patterns ...thanks for your creation, but PLEASE UPDATE! T_T
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennevieth
I'm currently have the update 1.34. I tried this with 6 patterns of the same creator. Funny it is, got "installed" or so it said (Actually it said that the package was already installed XD) But then I checked and just one pattern got through, the main sim3package was in objects and the lonely one in patterns ...thanks for your creation, but PLEASE UPDATE! T_T

I think the files you packed are the same to one another, in term of object id, so the launcher could only install one of them. If you want to packaged only 1.34 game launcher installed, Use tool v1.3.1.33 custom version function, you can define any version of the game you want.
1.34 settings:
ArchiveVersion: 1.5
CodeVersion: 0.0.0.265
MinReqVersion: 1.5.0.015000
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TammyLin Saphir
Hello, this tool seems pretty interesting for those who have no pb with sims3pack install, but I have myself a lot of trouble with those files on my game (on a Mac computer).

I was wondering: is it possible to do the contrary ? To transform Sims3Packs into Package files AND on a Mac computer ??? It would be so useful to me !!

I AGREE WITH HER. I really need a mac sims3pack to package software, my launcher doesn't work anymore and alllllll those downloads are going to waste

Do you know of any software that does this? Google is pretty much useless, everything is irrelevant.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
This is a good idea, and a great alternative!

I just wish a tool could now be created so we could uninstall sims3packs/dbc/ebc files from the game/DCCache folder, without having to deal with the awful Launcher.
Look up a program on here called CCmagic. You can delete/disable unwanted content and you can also compress it into smaller packs. Made my game run a lot quicker.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:02 AM
Not to be a jerk but I can't understand all of this broken english. This program makes .package files into .sims3packs correct? What are the known issues and is there a userguide?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexander87
Not to be a jerk but I can't understand all of this broken english. This program makes .package files into .sims3packs correct? What are the known issues and is there a userguide?

Tools themselves do not file any modifications, just packaged Launcher can identify the format. The file format can refer to the TSR Wrokshop (or official) created.

* You can decompile Game Launcher View installed authentication.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:58 AM
I don't understand.
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 7:38 AM
Does anyone know if this works with Game Version 1.34? I'd like to gather all my hairs into one sims3pack since TSRMerlin can definitely install them, but I'm fully patched. Will it still work or should I wait until it's updated?
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 10:19 AM
"I think the files you packed are the same to one another, in term of object id, so the launcher could only install one of them"
It is possible that the same 6 patterns work as package, but not as a Sim3pack?
I mean, when they were in the package folder the all 6 worked...I don't get it
Instructor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 4:55 PM
Ah, this is very useful if you want to avoid duplicate files, I reckon! The only thing about the Launcher I really like is how it keeps track of duplicate and individual files so maybe I can finally get rid of some weird hair that somehow ended up in my game. Thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 8:08 AM
Totally confused
I don't mean to be a jerk either, but it isn't working and I can't understand a good bit of the instructions, and worse, the comprehensive screenshots with the broken English. I GUESS it is because I am patched to 1.34, I don't see any clear answer on the patch issue. But thank you for creating it. Maybe someone who is using it successfully could shed some light.
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:26 PM
is thios for 1.34 too?
Page 2 of 5