Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 9:19 AM Last edited by t888 : 14th Apr 2016 at 9:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher Glitches red Xs - Hard to uninstall stuff
Just today I've started having a strange launcher issue for the first time ever when I went to uninstall a particular piece of clothing. At first everything seemed normal then when I began to scroll down the list the side bar turned into a red X and the preview pics stopped showing up (see pic 1) . Next when I exited the launcher an d re launched then minimized the launcher the background turned into a big red X (see pic 2 ). I proceeded to see if the game would still launch and play and all was fine there. I have no idea of the cause nor the fix so I appreciate any input from anyone who might have a clue as to what to do here.

ADDITION: I'd like to add that I've installed nothing new except a pattern I made to test out the sims 3 create a pattern program. All I did recently was uninstall a bunch of clothes I no longer wanted, some CC, some store before I got this problem. I'm updated to patch 1.67 through the super patch and have no out of date mods.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 12:50 PM Last edited by barbarat : 14th Apr 2016 at 1:36 PM.
There is a discussion on that problem In This MTS Thread that might help you out.

Edit: For installation problems in the Launcher I found it was easier to access the Launcher while in game. I do not load a game using the Launcher and do not play on line but in desperation to be able to install I tried accessing while in game and it worked that way for me. I was also able to uninstall that way. Exit the Launcher.

If your game slows up after that save and quit. Clean out the .temp files in DCCache (they load into RAM).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:43 PM Last edited by t888 : 14th Apr 2016 at 9:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
There is a discussion on that problem In This MTS Thread that might help you out.

Edit: For installation problems in the Launcher I found it was easier to access the Launcher while in game. I do not load a game using the Launcher and do not play on line but in desperation to be able to install I tried accessing while in game and it worked that way for me. I was also able to uninstall that way. Exit the Launcher.

If your game slows up after that save and quit. Clean out the .temp files in DCCache (they load into RAM).

I'll be sure to check it out. How do you access the launcher from in the game (and how do you not use the launcher and not use origin or be online)? Also, if it helps I've updated a bit about what caused my situation in my first post.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
I'll be sure to check it out. How do you access the launcher from in the game (and how do you not use the launcher and not use origin or be online)? Also, if it helps I've updated a bit about what caused my situation in my first post.

To access the Launcher in Game:
Once you are in game Click on those 3 dots ... at the bottom left. Click on Open Launcher. When you are done installing/uninstalling Exit the Launcher. Not what I mentioned above on those .temp files that will remain.

To by pass the Launcher to load a game (this does not work with patch 1.69) :
Scroll down to How Do I Bypass The Launcher To Start A Game

Once you have identified the .exe file as instructed in the above link just put a short cut on your desk top or start menu and use that to start a game.
To not play while on line: In the Options (the 3 dots) check the On line Tab to make sure Notifications are un-ticked or just make sure you are completely logged out of the Launcher.
Same with Origin - If you just log off Origin, or Close It's still running... make sure you Exit.

Easy way to make sure they are not running is to open task manager and make sure they are not running.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
To access the Launcher in Game:
Once you are in game Click on those 3 dots ... at the bottom left. Click on Open Launcher. When you are done installing/uninstalling Exit the Launcher. Not what I mentioned above on those .temp files that will remain.

To by pass the Launcher to load a game (this does not work with patch 1.69) :
Scroll down to How Do I Bypass The Launcher To Start A Game

Once you have identified the .exe file as instructed in the above link just put a short cut on your desk top or start menu and use that to start a game.
To not play while on line: In the Options (the 3 dots) check the On line Tab to make sure Notifications are un-ticked or just make sure you are completely logged out of the Launcher.
Same with Origin - If you just log off Origin, or Close It's still running... make sure you Exit.

Easy way to make sure they are not running is to open task manager and make sure they are not running.

Thanks for the info.