Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Shasta~
But it does get annoying when your neighbors insist on playing fetch with your dog outside at night and while it's snowing. Seriously, come inside!

Baby in the snow. Dog in the snow. At least the dog has fur lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Although my biggest pet peeve ( ) is when my animals decide to roll around in garbage. Just....why, Rover? What will that accomplish?

That is totally true to RL though. Dogs are disgusting.

To the several people who said that they just got bored with the pets. What would make them less boring? What would you like them to be able to do?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:11 PM
I really love the pets ep, and most my sim families have some sort of pet, even if it's just a womrat or a bird. I think the expansion requires a bit of maintenance to set up e.g. getting a no stray mod, or fencing off your sims' yards to prevent strays from either digging holes or attacking your pets, but once you get past that I think the pets are adorable, the sim-pet interaction is great (the play dead interaction is hilarious), and it adds a lot of fun to my game. I think it's hilarious to have a household where the sims are lazy and don't work, but the dog is the breadwinner, haha..

My favourite thing about the expansion is probably Create a Pet - I think the designing of the pets and in particular the colour layering system is so interesting - it's quite easy to use, but very effective in producing unique looking animals. And of course breeding pets is interesting to see the genetics of the more unique looking pets! (plus the puppies and kittens are SO cute!).

I find even the buyable pets e.g. womrat, birds, fish, make a sim's house more like a home - I like that you can customise and name the birds and womrats. One of my families had a womrat called Reggie and he was literally the funnest thing ever - he really defined the household and lived for generations!

Bustin' Out!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Which is completely realistic actually.

Now that i think about, that's very true

Can't believe people still read these.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:19 AM
It is really annoying having a stray knock over your garbage and digging holes in your garden. I had a sims that cleaned up 3 times after a dog only to have some sims sneak in while he was sleeping and knock over the garbage again.

Not all lots look good with fences. Like beach lots. I have gotten creative though and build sheds to put the garbage cans in or place them in a garage.

At first I killed the fish all the time because I would forget to have the sims feed them. But I noticed my girlfriend feeds our fish every morning when she gets up, so now my sims do the same. I haven't killed a fish in years since.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:30 PM
I guess this is a general thread about pets, so, here's my question:

So, in one household, in my college neighborhood, they own a pet parrot. Now, all four YAs will graduate soon, and I don't know what to do with the parrot.

My questions are: is it safe to put an inhabited cage inside a sim's inventory? (Doesn't the game use a special type of NPC for the birds?) Or is it possible to leave the parrot behind for the next batch of sims? What will happen to the bird if I just leave it behind, will it disappear?

Same goes for the womrat(?).

What should I do?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:43 PM
I've read that wormrats and parrots are not alive in the sense that they have a hidden NPC in them, and therefore are safe to place in inventory. It's been asked a couple of times in Stupid questions FAQ, once quite recently, and that's the reply I've seen.

Link to FAQ where Charity asks the same thing
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I've read that wormrats and parrots are not alive in the sense that they have a hidden NPC in them, and therefore are safe to place in inventory. It's been asked a couple of times in Stupid questions FAQ, once quite recently, and that's the reply I've seen.

Link to FAQ where Charity asks the same thing

Ah! I see! Thank you! Though, I will back up my neighborhood just in case.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:01 PM
If you leave a college residence, and tell it "yes" when it asks you if it wants to save after the last student leaves, when the next student moves into that same house, it will be in exactly the same condition as it was when the previous tenant left it. Any food you have left over from the party will still be fresh, even! So any parrots or womrats left behind should be okay, too. (I have not actually done this, though I've saved residences and reinhabited them plenty of times.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you leave a college residence, and tell it "yes" when it asks you if it wants to save after the last student leaves, when the next student moves into that same house, it will be in exactly the same condition as it was when the previous tenant left it. Any food you have left over from the party will still be fresh, even! So any parrots or womrats left behind should be okay, too. (I have not actually done this, though I've saved residences and reinhabited them plenty of times.)

Yeah, I noticed that about the buffet table, which is quite funny, if you think about the food staying fresh even after several ingame years!

Thanks!
Scholar
#35 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Lord St.Croix : 31st Aug 2014 at 1:40 AM.
My only thing is not being able to control them without a cheat
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:58 PM
You can control them with a cheat. It's called "boolprop controlpets on" and "boolprop petactioncancel true". Control away!

And if you meant that you think you should be able to without a cheat, like some people think, then get over it Startup cheat file solves all your problems.
Page 2 of 2