Replies: 128 (Who?), Viewed: 168491 times.
Page 6 of 6
Alchemist
Original Poster
#126 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:57 AM
"Access is denied" is coming from your Windows 7 file system. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have code that monitors the program installation folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\) and disallows modifications. The idea is to spare you the grief of reinstalling programs that were broken by accidentally adding or deleting files.

Since you were able to copy the zip file into the folder, you may be able to make a temporary folder in Documents, move the zip file there, unzip it and then drag the plug-in files (those ending in .dll) into the MilkShape folder. Until the plug-in you need is actually in that folder, and MilkShape restarted, you will not see the menu choice you need in the file->export menu.

You may also find additional help on this topic on other websites (I am not a Windows guru, just maybe a little bit ahead of you). Here is one link I found on Google that appears relevant: http://www.addictivetips.com/window...sion-ownership/.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#127 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesHowe
"Access is denied" is coming from your Windows 7 file system. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have code that monitors the program installation folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\) and disallows modifications. The idea is to spare you the grief of reinstalling programs that were broken by accidentally adding or deleting files.

Since you were able to copy the zip file into the folder, you may be able to make a temporary folder in Documents, move the zip file there, unzip it and then drag the plug-in files (those ending in .dll) into the MilkShape folder. Until the plug-in you need is actually in that folder, and MilkShape restarted, you will not see the menu choice you need in the file->export menu.

You may also find additional help on this topic on other websites (I am not a Windows guru, just maybe a little bit ahead of you). Here is one link I found on Google that appears relevant: http://www.addictivetips.com/window...sion-ownership/.

<* Wes *>

Thank you so much! It worked! Now I can finally export correctly! Thanks so much for helping me!
Test Subject
#128 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 5:48 AM
Default Help
I have tried everything. No matter what I do it will NOT install. I have put it into E:Program Files/Milkshape 3D 1.8.4 and extracted it there so many times, have double checked and have restarted Milkshape and it still will not show up. I have no idea what to do and no one else seems to have had this problem......
Test Subject
DELETED POST
20th Apr 2012 at 5:38 PM Last edited by KittySims2 : 20th Apr 2012 at 5:39 PM. Reason: mistake
Fuck You!!
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Rude.
Test Subject
#129 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 10:11 PM Last edited by destiny1331 : 1st May 2012 at 9:41 AM. Reason: to make it clearer
Hi there,

I'm attempting to make a pet posebox using the templates that Kodiak has made, so far I have been able to create a very simplistic sit pose in Milkshape, and I had thought that using the TS2 AniMesh ANIM Exporter would work okay to exported the pose using the following instructions:

Object Name: auskel Length(ms) 8000 Blend Name - Left Blank-

I had been under the impression that setting Body Animation as ANIM type and Locomotion Type to Pose would be okay for the export of the animation/static pose.

When I went into SimPE to do the rest, I have noticed that the static pose/animation isn't showing up as a Dog Animation but showing up as an Adult animation. I don't think that I can make the BHAV coding as I am not calling to an Adult Sim but an Adult Dog. So I was wondering how do you export the static animal/dog pose to begin with and how do you get SimPE to recognise the animation as a Dog Animation/Pose instead of an Adult Sim. I am making a huge assumption that static poses can be made for animals, since it is possible to make custom animations I would have thought that custom static poses would also be possible.

The only other thing that I am curious/uncertain about is the TTAB and TTAs, would they be done in the same fashion as a posebox for a sim?

Thanks in advance for any help even if its a your a loon to even try this it can't be done.
Page 6 of 6