Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default "Cant take photo of Dropa stones and theatre" problem : THE SOLUTION !
Hello,
there are many forum topics about this problem. The reason for it is, yes, there is a bug. But also there is a way to correct it. I was driving crazy because the game didnt recognize neither dropa stone set (always saying 'a relic') nor the town theather..
Here comes the solution: (You may need to print this before you start.)

We will edit the GameplayData.package file via S3PE. There are 2 little syntax errors. When these misspelled parameters are written in a correct way, you will be able to take photos.
1) Search for the GameplayData.package file in your game folder. If you have installed to the default folder it should be in c:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\GamePlay folder.
2) backup the original GameplayData.package file somewhere in your computer.
3) Open the file with S3PE 4) If your OS do not let you to open it in the game folder then you should copy the package file somewhere else in order to work on it.
5) In the Tools menu, select "Search". A search screen will open.
6) Search for "hidden" (it seems crazy but the less result returns with this word. You may also try alternates like "photo" or "skill" but you will end up with a long list of results)
7) The search should return 4 items. We will update only the 4th one (0x0333406C 0x00000000 0x8B614033DD63DBF2) Click on the 4th one and then click the "Go To" button. You may close the search window
8) Click the Edit button on the main screen. A text file will open. This file contains the photo album definitions.
9) Search for "theatre" and find the line:<Arg0>Rabbithole.Theatre</Arg0> Erase the "RabbitHole." part. Correct line should look like :<Arg0>Theatre</Arg0>
10) Search for "DropaStones1". There is an extra letter in one of the 4 dropa stone definitions, erase it. You should end up with:
<Method>Op_All</Method>
<Arg0>DropaStoneA</Arg0>
<Arg1>DropaStoneB</Arg1>
<Arg2>DropaStoneC</Arg2>
<Arg3>DropaStoneD</Arg3>
11) You are almost finished. Save the file, and copy it back to the game folder. And start Sims3WA.

You may now enjoy your completed photo albums
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:18 AM
And for those who don't want to alter a game file there is this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,17436.0.html ,which is a simple .package file you put in your mods>packages folder like other .package cc.

I don't mean to take away from what you are sharing Berguluz, it's just that I prefer not to alter game files and know there are others who feel the same way.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:28 AM
An interesting solution but yeah, I would really go with a file in Mods\Packages too - if only so you don't have to restore your backup when you install a new patch, which seem to come about once a week for this game. It can be a pain to figure out which files you've replaced.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.