Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:04 AM
Default #awt slider and johna cas, are they both core mods?
i had utilized the #awt slider hack in conjunction with johna sliders and the system allowed me to create the sims.Everything appeared to be going swimmingly in fact. however when I left CAS to actually play the game, the game crashes approximately 20 seconds in. I've tried removing the johna hack, but it still does the same thing. As far as custom content, i have no other hacks, just dowloded clothing which i have quite a bit of. I've tried putting the d3dx9_31.dll file in all the game bins (i have all the expansion packs) still nothing... any ideas? Will the dump file tell us anything?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:03 AM
Ok, well firstly you're installing CC the wrong way. Follow these instructions; Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Old Way to New Waywiki.

Secondly, yes, both of those mods are core mods. Do you still get the crash when you (temporarily) remove all your CC and delete the four *Cache.package files in Documents/The Sims 3?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.