Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Supernatural
"a serious error, please reload"?
So we start the game up and everything is hunky dory until I try and load my neighborhood, which instead of loading pops an error message ""A serious error has occured while loading apaloosaplains.sims3" (this has also happened with a Moonlight Falls family.) Oh, and instead of a picture of my active household in the neighborhood menu, it's just a blank picture, as if there is none.

No mods, so that's not a problem. My system has the requirements for the game

What's up with this, how do I save my towns? D:

It's also been randomly crashing every now and then with no pattern of what prompts that, maybe these problems are related?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:34 AM
I get this error all the time. Usually, I just have to keep trying to reload the game over and over again until it loads. *Sometimes*, if I start a new game, then go back to the main menu and try to load the one that errored out, it will load. It seems to happen the worst when I've saved a game with cheats (e.g. moveobjects on) still enabled. It does happen other times too, but saving the game with a cheat enabled just about guarantees I will have issues loading the game next time.

I wish I knew what the real issue was and how to deal with this because this is one of several major issues I've been having with my game.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 3:55 AM
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:11 PM
I'm not the OP, but that helped me! Thanks