Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 5:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default "A serious error has occured" and "Error 16" nothing worked so far!
I'm about to get very cross, i got Sims along with some expansions, but i can't really play them.

3/4 times when i try to start a game, i get the "A serious error has occured while loading (insert city.world here)" error, I've gone through about 3 google-pages worth of websites and forum posts trying to fix it, but nothing seems to work.

Also, when i finally can get through to the game, and play for a while. When i then try to save the game, just using "Save" i get Error 16, pretty much all sites say "Just use Save As" but when i do that, while it seems to save properly. When i then start the game again, and try to load it, i get "A serious error has occured (insert save name.sims 3 here" again. Also, the background when i get the error is always really artifacted and blown out.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit btw.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 6:06 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing / Patching / Uninstalling
    1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
      -
    2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
      and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
      -
    3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
      • Tips Before You Begin
      • Patching Common Errors
      • Manual Patch Downloads
      • Invalid File Errors and more

A "Serious Error" and Error 16, are usually a result of Game Corruption. In most cases (when it was resolved) it was from a complete Uninstall and Reinstall. Following the guides above will help you find all the locations to check and make sure there are no leftovers, before you go to reinstall. Make sure you also follow the steps to backup all your pertinent information.