Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Celebriton : 11th Jul 2010 at 4:47 PM.
The Sims 3: After Dark (third EP)
The info taken from Simprograms.com

Quote:
The Sims 3 ‘After Dark’ listing found on Play.com
Posted by Judhudson on 8 July, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The very first third Sims 3 expansion rumor may actually have merit after all – The Sims 3 After Dark. Of course, it’d need a few more backings from other retailers before we should actually believe it, but as of today it was added to Play.com for an estimated release day of October 29, 2010. That’s actually in line with the proper release dates of expansions. But as always, it is still a rumor so treat it like one.

The screenshot:
http://1.1.1.5/bmi/farm5.static.fli..._8e8ede74da.jpg

Thanks to Duskey from The Sims Wiki for the original source (oh, and as a note don’t bother sending me the link to the leaked screenshot – that was just created for fun)

http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims...nd-on-play-com/

After Dark, it sound similar with Hot Date and Nightlife. I hope there will be more shops, entertainment and activities in the community.

My wild speculation: Nightclub is a must, bowling, pool table, bar, restaurant, etc. I hope EA give a lot of new community lots including the new rabbit hole buildings. The creature is vampire.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:48 PM
if its for real then the name sounds promising. though knowing how quickly i became bored with WA, and less quicly bored with Ambitions, (but i feel its coming) i wont get my hopes up this time with this next EP.

please EA, pretty please.....prove me wrong!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
if this expansion really does happen i bet we will get hot tubs!!!! i hope so at least
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:06 PM
I wouldnt mind this (if its true) but it would have to be down extraordinarily well (which by record is not EA's report card).

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:33 PM
This sounds pretty good, maybe it'll be a cross between Hot date and Nightlife. I have been dying for a dating expansion pack, getting tired of seeing my flirty and romantic sims spend their nights inside or at the library.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#6 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
After Dark, it sound similar with Hot Date and Nightlife. I hope there will be more shops, entertainment and activities in the community.
Sounds like all boy sims will inevitably look sickeningly androgynous and like they bathed in bleach. They can't be told apart from the girl sims anymore and basically every age but the teen stage will be disposed. The creature will be the nerd who has the special power of pulling his pants up to his armpits, voice break and a special move which consists of pointing and laughing at the other boy sims for being such wussies.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:47 PM
hmm, sounds like a horror movie to me and not an expansion. anyway found the leaked screenshot>>

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Sounds like all boy sims will inevitably look sickeningly androgynous and like they bathed in bleach. They can't be told apart from the girl sims anymore and basically every age but the teen stage will be disposed. The creature will be the nerd who has the special power of pulling his pants up to his armpits, voice break and a special move which consists of pointing and laughing at the other boy sims for being such wussies.

What is this, I don't even...
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:39 AM
Maybe there'd be some pub/night-club like rabbit holes that only opens at night,
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:07 AM
In twinbrook there is already a pub. I guess it might be there ready for the alcohol poisoning and the street brawls.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:47 AM
After dark people must eat, hope we get better restaurants. Sounds like the perfect EP for the piano to make a comeback.
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 12:03 PM
I bet you that now that someone's leaked it they'll make another EP instead, and then release after dark as the 4th one, just to spite whoever leaked it. Would be very EA.

Or, pretend they intended to all along.

Or, sue Play.com.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 12:09 PM
There's no such expansion pack. It isn't even lies and propaganda, just the made-up rumors of third-party websites.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
There's no such expansion pack. It isn't even lies and propaganda, just the made-up rumors of third-party websites.

I dont think that Play.com enjoys making rumors about expansions...
The info is real and we will have to wait and see...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 1:07 PM
I can't believe that I'll have to handle Pescado saying 'lies and propaganda' for three months again, and people don't getting that he's joking/being sarcastic.

Anyways, I hope this EP brings back pianos, hot tubs, dates, restaurants, nightclubs, open libraries, shoppings, etc. Oh, the urban life...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I can't believe that I'll have to handle Pescado saying 'lies and propaganda' for three months again, and people don't getting that he's joking/being sarcastic.

Anyways, I hope this EP brings back pianos, hot tubs, dates, restaurants, nightclubs, open libraries, shoppings, etc. Oh, the urban life...

All that and poker tables. My sims are not career types. They need alternative income sources. And roller skates.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#17 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
I dont think that Play.com enjoys making rumors about expansions...
The info is real and we will have to wait and see...
If that were really so, why are the making up rumors about an expansion that clearly does not exist? Clearly, they *DO* enjoy making up such rumors, precisely because it draws attention and gets people to look at their site.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 2:01 PM
New jobs :p
Bartender and DJ, and a "death" profession things like working at morgues and being an undertaker, but only with the vampires in game
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 2:27 PM
Haha! "Special features: Artwork subjekt to change". Play.com

A quick visit at Google shows that the rumors have been around since late may. Rumors are annoying, they make the wait till the next EP even longer. Instead of getting the official news two months before the release you suddenly get the news six months before the release. Don't like waiting!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM
oh my gosh, this one sounds really good. i think it will be our hot date/nightlife. not too bad of a name, either.

i hope this is definitely real.

ALTHOUGH, unfortunately it could very easily just be a rumor.

one thing i would like to come with this one though, would be hot tubs. and hopefully pianos.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 3:23 PM
I thought this was the official anouncement

Anyway a nightlife / hot date style expansion pack seems quite likely, but if it's going to happen then I'd like EA to expand upon those concepts a bit, give the player a bit more control over restaraunts ( menu, prices )
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 3:24 PM
well i would love more dancing animations and clothes shop if this is really something like hot date/nightlife
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babaji_mendez
I thought this was the official anouncement

Anyway a nightlife / hot date style expansion pack seems quite likely, but if it's going to happen then I'd like EA to expand upon those concepts a bit, give the player a bit more control over restaraunts ( menu, prices )

they wont. The most they'll do is add more food (if they don't, it wold be a shame) and make it available in restaurants.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 3:53 PM
If this is something that might happen, I don't know if EA would follow in the footsteps of Sims 2. Let's face it, it's about money and keeping interest in Sims 2 would be in their benefit. Hence two "new" concepts WA and Ambitions. So maybe After Dark, if it will exist, might be totally different from anything in the old Sims 2. Just the name, After Dark, sounds more sinister than dating etc. I think I maybe giving EA too much credit and I'm just hopeful they'll do something really innovative!
Alchemist
#25 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 4:28 PM
As has been my policy, no weather no buy
Page 1 of 35