Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:43 PM
Default Mr. Humble computer question
I moved a sim family I created in CAS, into a house and it has been 3 sim days and Mr. Humble never came with the computer, how do I get one now?
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:49 PM
Have you takes out all your hacks before playing?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:12 PM
hmm, mine always shows up the first day. Sometimes late in the day however. The part that bugs me is that when you move, you can't take that computer with you and you can't get another one. :-(

Love yourself for who you are
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
hmm, mine always shows up the first day. Sometimes late in the day however. The part that bugs me is that when you move, you can't take that computer with you and you can't get another one. :-(

To get past that, you can pick it up and put it in your sim's inventory. Then when you move house you can get it back out the inventory to use
Also, I think there is a buyable version of it uploaded on maty now...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:15 PM
I can't put it in my inventory for some reason. When you pick it up and hit I it doesn't go in and it won't go in manually either.

#6 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
I can't put it in my inventory for some reason. When you pick it up and hit I it doesn't go in and it won't go in manually either.

Hmm.. strange. I don't have FT myself but I'm sure I read somewhere its possible... have you tried doing it with the move_objects cheat on?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:22 PM
can't use my cheat window since FT install either. I am still working on that little issue lol. Driving me nuts cause I can't really do any creative home building without it.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 8:34 PM
i don't have ft, but you have to turn computers off before you can stick them in the inventory.
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 11:50 PM
Thanks for that bit of info, lazyviolet! I just thought there were some things you couldn't include in the inventory. Darn. Now this makes me mad because I liked that computer, and I had to delete it when my sims moved
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyviolet
i don't have ft, but you have to turn computers off before you can stick them in the inventory.

Fantastic tip! I never knew that! I always wondered why I couldn't put my computer in my inventory. Yay for learning something new today
Stupid people are stupid
#11 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkestBlu
Thanks for that bit of info, lazyviolet! I just thought there were some things you couldn't include in the inventory. Darn. Now this makes me mad because I liked that computer, and I had to delete it when my sims moved

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...83&postcount=51
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:38 AM
Another thanks for the tip on the computer. I thought it was locked because it was a special gift or something. I should have known to turn it off because otherwise it's "in use".