Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to delete a Sim (Without using Bodyshop/Getting into the game to kill them off)
So I had this issue where body shop didn't work and the game didn't work and it was just after I downloaded a sim. I did all the steps that would fix the game/the shop but nothing worked. And I meeean noothing..I had to take out the entire downloads folder and uninstall all my games and reinstall them. Botherr..

so...just in case if this happens again...is there a way to uninstall a custom sim? Like a sim that I downloaded off a blog? WITHOUT using Body shop/ in the game... maybe SimPE? I tried to find the sims in the clean pack installer but even my clean pack installer didn't want to open...

Or is there absolutely NO way and the only way really is to uninstall the games? Veeery time consuming.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:28 PM
Can't you just delete the file from your Downloads folder?

There should not be a need to uninstall your game. Even if you installed the sim into your Program Files folder, you should be able to delete the file from there.

Surely this is not a new issue, but an extension of your existing thread?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=520829
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Can't you just delete the file from your Downloads folder?

There should not be a need to uninstall your game. Even if you installed the sim into your Program Files folder, you should be able to delete the file from there.

Surely this is not a new issue, but an extension of your existing thread?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=520829

Umm.. Yes haha caught me! But I was worried that I was going to get "yelled" at for asking for something a little different as a reply..you know? So sorry! But yes...I tried to delete the sim folders and they still were in the game. it's why I asked ^ ^
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:23 AM
Did you remember to check in SavedSims as well?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Did you remember to check in SavedSims as well?

Indeed I did, it didn't show the sims I downloaded. Only the sims that I created myself.