Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:19 AM
Default meshing: mapping problem
ive been meshing a while now and i use the same method always....however due to the new sims game releases, the SimPE site has launched new updated versions of the software. I have used it once or twice..still not confident with it although im having the same problem now whenever i try to make a mesh

what looks like the map is just being layed over the mesh. Cause the whole point in UV mapping is to allocate colour to certain areas, and well ive done all that as usualy; but its just not coordinating as it should anymore.

I think i have rounded this down to there being no assign hash on the new interface (or which i can find)
Has anyone else had this problem..if so please could they tell me what they did to solve it.

i can get pictured if anyone need one or if anyone doesnt understand this. Kinda hard to explain what is happening.

Kind regard
Cheng101

Always say thankyou for a download
Always ask permission to alter someones download
Always ask to post an alteration of a download
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 4:31 AM
Uhm, we've never done 'hashes' over in the bodyshop-meshing area, so I suspect this is an object mesh question, and I'm moving it to the object area where you will probably get more helpful responses.
Part-time Hermit
#3 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:10 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 18th Jun 2006 at 7:43 AM.
Ther assign hash option has not been needed with object meshes for a long time, and I doubt it has anything to do with your problem. I don't think it affects uv-mapping in any way. What kind of meshes are you trying to create, and which tutorials have you followed? Which programs are you using?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:05 PM
hi thanks for the move tiggerypum
thanks for the reply ignorantbliss

the programs i am using are the latest SimPE (the new alpha one), UV mapper and milkshap. Also Adobe photoshop 7 for the images
The tutorial i used was here at MTS2 and it was made by Jwoods.

It is a sculpture i am trying to make.

Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:13 PM
Nothing should have changed about the way uv-maps work with those tools. Can you give an example of a specific object/problem you're having?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:37 PM
well i have tried doing it with many different objects. It is a sword on a stand that i am trying to make. And it the mapping. Basically when i put the colourd map into SimPE and click preview in GMDC, its like the actual image itself is just being placed over the mesh instead of allocating certain colour to certain areas.

I will try re-mapping but i dont think that is the problem.

Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:46 PM
Just putting the texture onto the object doesn't change the mapping. You will have to tweak the map in UVMapper or another uv-mapping program to change it, then import the mapped version into Milkshape, then export it from there for SimPE.. Numenor has an article on the basics of uv-mapping here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 1:46 PM
thank very much
got it fixed. The problem was that the image wasnt "flattened" in photoshop.
i remember helping a friend with his meshing and he had that problem too...but i fixed it for him and always rememberd it. Forgot though haha~~

thanks