Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#301 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:03 AM
Can someone give us a little update on which nraas mods are up and running now and which aren't?

19 - Female - Australia
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:16 AM
It's best to go directly to the NRaas website for updates.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History
Field Researcher
#303 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:26 AM
So the ones in green are ready to go?

19 - Female - Australia
Inventor
#304 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:29 AM
Green or yellow are ready to go. The difference is that green just got an update for patch compatibility and yellow got something else added in as well (either a bug fix or a new feature).

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Forum Resident
#305 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 5:11 AM
I have reinstalled all the mods I used previously to the patch (Overwatch, MC [plus all the add-ons except tattoos], SP [plus a few add-ons], and ErrorTrap). I have had absolutely no problems with crashing, glitching, or freezing. If anything, my game strangely runs slightly faster than it did before the patch with the mods. Very, very happy and very, very thankful for Twallan's speedy and quality work.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Scholar
#306 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 5:37 AM
Well (I believe) Twallan said that the reason all his mods had to be updated thoroughly was due to the fact that EA restructured a bunch of things so the game would use less memory (or something along those lines).

If the game is running faster that means they must have done SOMETHING right.

EDIT: If I mistaken I apologize. This comes from memory alone.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#307 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:28 PM
So... Is this Seasons patch, or are we all going to be updating to 1.44 in 10 days?
Mad Poster
#308 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:42 PM
It's the seasons patch. But EVERYONE be forward, there will probably be a small patch afterward, because we all know something will break, and the'll make a mini-patch. No complaining please. :D

Always be prepared to fix EAs mess.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#309 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:46 PM
Good news, hopefully, for a change: I think that this patch fixed the problem with toddlers gluing themselves to the top landing of staircases, which had been bugging families since Generations. They still seem to love to spend their days there but when a Sim tries to interact with them they either walk or crawl back to where they can be picked up. I've seen this both with inactives and active Sims in my current game.
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 2:17 AM
I heard about the 1.42 patch...which has me thinking, what will break this time, once we get our hands on Seasons? Same old thing I'm sure...I find EA to be quiet funny actually. They issues patches for other patches to fix more patches, patches inside of patches, EA has become habitual patchers! lmao
Lab Assistant
#311 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elphiron
:O People are bringing food to my parties! Foooood to my paaarties! Now all we need is for some sims to bring a vase of flowers and others to bring that meat loaf/ fruit cake thing! I think there were also chocolate boxes on the original sims?

Be careful with sims bringing food, I kept hearing flies and it took me a moment to track down where those crazy sims left the food!!
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:36 AM
I wonder if someone can tell me if my system can handle seasons, I have seen the note but I have no idea what it means
please
Thanks in advance
Forum Resident
#313 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:05 AM
You'd need to give us the specifics of your system for us to know anything about whether it can handle Seasons. It appears EA has designed the game to use less memory, so that's definitely a good thing for users with slower computers (mine not a painfully slow computer, but it's definitely not the speediest thing with the highest graphics either).

The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#314 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Has anyone heard whether Buzzler is going to be updating his mods for 1.42?

I have no clue what his plans are, but we do have to keep in mind that there were a lot of changes to the code this time round. After reading all the hassles Twallan has gone through, it sounds to me that they are hair-pulling changes. Buzzler could require more time.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
You'd need to give us the specifics of your system for us to know anything about whether it can handle Seasons. It appears EA has designed the game to use less memory, so that's definitely a good thing for users with slower computers (mine not a painfully slow computer, but it's definitely not the speediest thing with the highest graphics either).

This is the only way I know of to let you know my system, hope it's ok
Thanks in advance

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/4/2012, 17:26:47
Machine name: EIGENAAR-96C90C
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/24/07 14:46:29 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3456MB RAM
Page File: 384MB used, 8090MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_835D1043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug en Play-monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0681 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/23/2012 15:28:00, 4494208 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n.v.t.
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 9/23/2012 15:28:00, 12557728 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4D62-11CF-5A71-50A300C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0E22
SubSys ID: 0x835D1043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Test Subject
#316 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 8:38 PM Last edited by ms_arbez : 4th Nov 2012 at 8:41 PM. Reason: Grammar and the like... plus I'm a curmudgeon about spacing.
Since I tend to play Sims 3 in spurts, and since most of the time I can find answers to my questions, I generally lurk around and read, and rarely post in the forums. But since I came across this thread, I wanted to post my own experience and issues with the new patch, and hopefully someone may be able to shed some light.

Installed the new patch Thursday night. Up until then, the game was working perfectly. Now, patch-updated, I've run into a few head-scratching problems:

1. I seem to be missing some installed worlds. The files are showing up in the InstalledWorlds folder, but I am not seeing them in the drop down when I attempt to start a new game.
2. While playing the game, I run into major lag, where all the Sims freeze, but the flags fly, trees sway, fountains spray, etc. After a few short lags, I get one LONG lag, and the game crashes out with the Sims 3 has stopped running, blah blah blah" box. This only happens when I am playing/progressing; CAS works flawlessly, and I can move around with no lag when the game is paused, or if I'm in "edit town" mode.

***Note*** I did remove mods as well as .package content, but still the same issue. I am going to try to play without absolutely any CC and see if I get lucky.

***Another note*** I launch the game via Game Booster 3, which shuts own any unnecessary programs and services to free up space. While this thing is a god-send, I doubt it would cause an issue. I still monitor memory usage and such via the Task Manager, and I noticed that when the game goes into what I 'm now calling the "Grand Mal Lag", TS3W.exe starts taking in more and more memory really fast, and then it crashes.
***One Final Note*** I will also note that I have been playing one large world (Los Aniegos) so far while testing out this patch. The size of the world MAY be the issue, although it's strange that it was never an issue pre-patch.

I will try out a few more (smaller) worlds as well, but I hope that the kinks will go away come Seasons.
Eminence Grise
#317 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:15 PM
I'd like to remind folks that for technical help... with bugs, crashes, lag etc... you should be posting in the Help Q+A forum, in the Help menu This forum is for gameplay aspects, and we can keep discussion of the gameplay features in the patch here.
Forum Resident
#318 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:23 PM
@tygomitch, I'm not the expert on gaming systems, but from what I've looked up, your computer should be able to handle Seasons just fine. If there is anyone more knowledgeable in this area and thinks this assessment is wrong, then feel free to correct me.

Test Subject
#319 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:28 PM
I apologize for misunderstanding... my intentions weren't to ask for help- just logging what I have experienced with the Patch so far.
Field Researcher
#320 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ms_arbez
Installed the new patch Thursday night. Up until then, the game was working perfectly. Now, patch-updated, I've run into a few head-scratching problems:

2. While playing the game, I run into major lag, where all the Sims freeze, but the flags fly, trees sway, fountains spray, etc. After a few short lags, I get one LONG lag, and the game crashes out with the Sims 3 has stopped running, blah blah blah" box. This only happens when I am playing/progressing; CAS works flawlessly, and I can move around with no lag when the game is paused, or if I'm in "edit town" mode.

***Note*** I did remove mods as well as .package content, but still the same issue. I am going to try to play without absolutely any CC and see if I get lucky.

This happpened to me with a previous patch. I ended up doing a full reinstall to have it run beautifully again. I think something just went wrong when I installed the patch. But before that I tried mods/world fixes/clearing cache, etc., none of which did far too much to help. I hope your issue isn't as deep-rooted as mine was, because uninstalling/reinstalling is a pain.
Scholar
#321 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 11:24 PM
@ alhaim...This forum does not in any way support cracked games so stop asking already!
Lab Assistant
#322 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
@tygomitch, I'm not the expert on gaming systems, but from what I've looked up, your computer should be able to handle Seasons just fine. If there is anyone more knowledgeable in this area and thinks this assessment is wrong, then feel free to correct me.

Thank you very much,

Sorry I understand I have to go elswhere.
Forum Resident
#323 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There's a debug item (in the object files, but can't be bought) called Townie Maker. D:

I enabled this object and tested it out. You need debug interactions to be enabled to use it.

It allows you to convert playable sims directly into townie families or service NPCs, with only a few clicks. Very nifty. :D
Lab Assistant
#324 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 9:58 PM
My game has been working fine with the patch :D
(Did a full reinstall with just basegame)

All the new options (like memory disabling) are working without having to restart
Also, the animations are so smooth and my game is running so fast!!!!!
Field Researcher
#325 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 10:59 PM Last edited by shadedgrey63 : 6th Nov 2012 at 4:54 AM.
I just installed the patch on my fresh reinstall of the game (from just the day before the patch came out... ), and it didn't seem to mess anything up, but I'll probably be paranoid and do another reinstall whenever I install Seasons. I'm thinking I may wait until at least December though; I still have so much to explore in Supernatural.
Page 13 of 14