Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:36 AM Last edited by PinkySimsie : 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim skins show up black (solved)
Hello!

Recently I downloaded some deafult replacement skins. They worked perfectly. Then I deleted those and downloaded a new set of deafults. Now some of my sims have black faces and no visible eyes (only lips are showing). First I thought that maybe it's only the sims that used to have the "old" deafults. But then I created a new downtown and some of the townies also have black faces. All my skins work fine in CAS.

Any ideas? All help is very apreciated
Attached Images

Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 9:53 PM
I have not seen that in a long time. Take them to a mirror to change their appearance to see if that gets the game to re-associate the face again.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:11 PM
Check to make sure that you removed all of the original default replacement skins. It sounds like you have a conflict between old and new skins.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
I have not seen that in a long time. Take them to a mirror to change their appearance to see if that gets the game to re-associate the face again.

Thank you so much much Turns out the problem was a deafult eyeliner replacement I had downloaded. But I had to remove all the makeup to make the face normal again. But after that I could apply lipstick and eyeshadow and custom eyeliners.
I have no idea though, why it only appeared after I replaced my skins, maybe it was just a coincidence :P

Thank you again
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved