Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 7:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons
Default Need help with CC problem.
Ok so I recently just bought a new computer for the sole purpose of playing the sims on. Unfortunately its a windows 8. After buying the new computer I ordered Sims double deluxe, pets, uni, and seasons. While waiting for those to arrive I spent about a week finding all the cc I had on my old computer. After all of that I get the nice surprise of learning about all the complications that go along with windows 8. I have been up trying to fix this for the past 48 hours. I have gotten my double deluxe and uni to run fine. I have given up on seasons and pets. Ok so i get it running without crashing on the cas screen. I test the game for about 30 minutes. GREAT. I install my cc.. Now my game crashes on the load screen. Every time. I use clean installer. And i'm about ready to throw these games the computer out of a second story window. What could be causing this? any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 1:02 PM
It sounds like the crash is being caused by CC - probably a hack that you had before which requires one of the EPs you haven't installed on this new computer. Try Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.