Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default CC is not showing up no matter what I do.
Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Sims 2 downloads. Previously, I was able to download, install and have custom content show up in my game. I installed some more downloads and tried to start up Sims 2. However, my game got stuck on the loading screen and I had to force quit it. After this, I re-installed Sims 2 (I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe & University) and tried putting my custom content back in. The problem was, it wasn't showing up. The only thing that puzzled me was that my CAS downloads showed up in Body Shop, just not in-game. I kept re-installing my game and adding my custom content back in, but nothing worked (and the same thing with Body Shop kept happening). I have also tried:
- Enabling and Re-enabling CC on Game Options Menu.
- Checking if any CC needed meshes.
- Checking if the CC required certain expansion/stuff packs.
- Re-installing most of the CC.
- Ensuring CC is in the right place.
- The "Body Shop" trick.
- Checking userProps.xml
- Making sure CEP was installed for my recolours.

I have no idea what is going on . This is happening to all my downloads (CAS, furniture, recolours, mods, etc.) no matter what I do. Even custom-made mods with SimPE are not taking affect in-game. I have tried practically everything. Any help or solutions are highly appreciated .

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 2:29 AM
It sounds like you have a CC that is not for your setup.

Most Double Deluxe games use the AL game engine but mine uses NL game engine for it was a pre-order one and came early.

So to that end what EP/SP mods are you using.

If you have windows 7 are you putting them in the right doc folder.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
It sounds like you have a CC that is not for your setup.

Most Double Deluxe games use the AL game engine but mine uses NL game engine for it was a pre-order one and came early.

So to that end what EP/SP mods are you using.

If you have windows 7 are you putting them in the right doc folder.

Hi marka93,

I am an experienced simmer with knowledge of the Sims games, but I'm a bit rusty in a few parts. This said, please excuse my inability to understand terms I haven't heard of.

So, from what I understand (and have searched up), the game engine is the software running the game? Does this mean I have to make sure my mods are made for Nightlife and NOT Apartment life? If this is right, then none of my mods or CC are compatible as none of them show up.

Some mods I have downloaded are ACR and CEP. I have downloaded hair, make-up, clothing, re-colours, you name it. No CC works at all.

I am using Win7. I have 2 EA Games folders. Folder a) contains the folder "Downloads" and folder b) does not (therefore I put my downloads in folder a). However, folder a) contains files/folders folder b) doesn't, and vice versa.

Please tell me if this information has helped and what my next steps are. Also, if it seems like I do not understand, do you mind explaining it to me?

Thank you so much for your help so far
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:46 AM
If you bought your DD at a store then you have the one for Apartment life but ACR 2 will not work in it. You need the org. ACR for it to work. CEP is only there to allow recolors of items.

You are saying nothing is showing up at all. Ok are you on that computer as the admin. or just a user.

Some thing is stopping your game from using mods and it maybe your antivirus program.

Please give me a link to one of the mods that use to work with your setup and I will take a look at in.

Does you DD have the store edition on it and did you install it or?

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 4:56 AM
Why would you continually reinstall for a problem that is not trouble with your installation files? Might as well beat your head on the wall for as much good as that probably did.

Quote:
I installed some more downloads and tried to start up Sims 2

That could be your problem right there. The custom content that you just downloaded.

Did you delete your cache files? Those being corrupted from cc is the most common reason for the game not loading.

Second most common reason is cc that is not compatible. Check your game engine. I'm not up much on DD but if you have any lots that you have saved, Clean Installer will show what your game engine is.

Since you are on Windows 7 I guess you are not on a Mac. Mac's have a custom content limit unless you do a work around. That might not affect things on a Windows partition.

Make sure your content is in the EA folder that also contains Saved sims, neighbourhoods etc.

Are your hoods still there? if you had the store addition and reinstalled without the store addition all your hoods will vanish.

Only reinstall for a problem in your installation files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:47 AM
Hi joandsarah77,

You're right; I didn't realize that the problem wasn't in the installation files. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to these sorts of problems.

I have already deleted my cache files and nothing has changed. My game not loading only happened once, so it does no longer occur. I also haven't saved any lots, so I don't think I'll be able to see my game engine. My hoods are still there.

Thanks for your help, and please tell me if there is anything you can suggest that will help the situation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:55 AM
If you bought your DD at a store then you have the one for Apartment life but ACR 2 will not work in it. You need the org. ACR for it to work. CEP is only there to allow recolors of items.

You are saying nothing is showing up at all. Ok are you on that computer as the admin. or just a user.

Some thing is stopping your game from using mods and it maybe your antivirus program.

Please give me a link to one of the mods that use to work with your setup and I will take a look at in.

Does you DD have the store edition on it and did you install it or?

I am an admin on the computer and my DD is a physical copy bought from a store. And it wasn't a mod that worked; it was a hairstyle that I downloaded (which showed up, along with other CAS items). I'm pretty sure it was from HypnotizedSims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 6:21 AM
So your game is running now and the only problem is your cc isn't showing up?

I guess your Download folder has a capital D and is spelt 'Downloads' with an s on the end?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So your game is running now and the only problem is your cc isn't showing up?

I guess your Download folder has a capital D and is spelt 'Downloads' with an s on the end?

Correct.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:08 AM
So does anything show?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So does anything show?

Not at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 8:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. While I haven't found a solution, it is highly appreciated that you both suggested some.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:03 PM
Ok try this, remove your downloads folder and delete the cache files then start up the game and see if it works.

If it work then remove the entire Sims 2 folder to your desk top and start up the game and let it make a new one.

Then put in about 5 CC's at a time and start up the game and see if it works.

One more thing are you using a no cd .exe or the disk to start up the game.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 9:54 PM
Personally, I have noticed that even after making sure that my CC would be set to show up in game : Catalogs Display Custom Content set to ON,
if that other setting was OFF, (see pic) only then everything would show up..
maybe you could try, and check in your game options if that Display CC dialogue at start up, is set to off.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:18 PM
Trouble is the OP said in their first post that they enabled and re-enabled CC under game options. If what marka93 said doesn't work I can't think of anything else that hasn't been tried.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
Ok try this, remove your downloads folder and delete the cache files then start up the game and see if it works.

If it work then remove the entire Sims 2 folder to your desk top and start up the game and let it make a new one.

Then put in about 5 CC's at a time and start up the game and see if it works.

One more thing are you using a no cd .exe or the disk to start up the game.

I think I've done something similar, but I will try this and get back to you with results.

Oh, and I'm using a disk to start up the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Personally, I have noticed that even after making sure that my CC would be set to show up in game : Catalogs Display Custom Content set to ON,
if that other setting was OFF, (see pic) only then everything would show up..
maybe you could try, and check in your game options if that Display CC dialogue at start up, is set to off.

Hi Rosebine,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I have already tried what you have said and nothing changed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 12:12 AM
marka93,

Your solution worked! Thank you so much. The 5 pieces of CC I put in after doing the method were some Sims 3 to Sims 2 dreads and their re-colours. To my big surprise, they showed up! I am so grateful as I have had this problem for more than 6 months. A hearty thank you to all who have helped.

You are all geniuses :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:13 AM
Yah! Glad you got it working. It's marka93 who is the genius.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved