Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flickering...
Hey,
I have a problem with Sims 2 (all EPs/SPs):
Everytime I change the view (rotating/moving the camera) some graphics like objects or walls flicker. NOT THE RED FLASHING!
Some parts of the screen are just flickering...
(Video of my problem attached)

so, I have every setting maxed except "Smooth Edges", my drivers are up2date, I even included the HD4000 in the VideoCards.sgr
My Specs

The most important thing: I have no performance problems and when I activate "Smooth Edges" the flickering is gone. But of course the performance is dropping immensely. So I would be happy if anyone could help me

Another piece of info: on my old laptop with a GMA950 I had bad performance but never flickering graphics although it was significantly weaker...

Greetings
jedi93

P.S: I KNOW it's an integrated chip!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sims2Flickering.rar (2.71 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Video inside
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jedi93
it's an integrated chip
I believe you've just answered your question. Integrated chips are not designed to handle TS2 (or TS3, and most probably not even the upcoming TS4). The only thing I would've advised you to do is to update your drivers, but you'd already mentioned that they're up to date.

If you're running on a laptop, there isn't much you can do. But if you're playing on a desktop configuration, it'd be a good choice to purchase a new graphics card. See the list of recommendations, and shoot for the all-green ones. If you see a graphics card that suits you, you could mind as well head over to the Computer & Software Help forum to get some extra help there.

If you are really willing to continue to play on this machine, beware that by doing so you'll wear out your computer faster. It'll start becoming more and more slow, and will eventually die. (There is a guide for those who are playing with an integrated chip, but since you're already seeing artifacts it might be useless to follow the article.)
Site Helper
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:57 PM
It certainly couldn't hurt to uninstall everything from Pets to Apartment Life, and to turn your graphics options to minimum. Of course, you won't be able to play your existing neighborhoods, but your computer will be much less likely to die.