Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 23
Test Subject
#376 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 8:35 PM
Possibly a dumb question as there's 16 pages of discussion but is the download in the first post the most recent version?
Test Subject
#377 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 7:53 PM
HEY.. Can I please have some information on what to do? My computer is running on windows 7 and I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK? IT JUST SAYS SIMS 3DASHBOARD HAS STOPPED WORKING.. WHAT DO I DO?!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#378 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 12:52 AM
Field Researcher
#379 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
This is an individual Sims3Pack cleaner. It is not and never will be designed to "multi-select" multiple files. That would really serve no purpose whatsoever and be totally contrary to this tools main purpose - cleaning and removing unwanted chunks from a single Sims 3 Pack. So, no, it's not an "oversight".

I'll take a look and see if I have those files and try and replicate it

Edit: Okay, fixed and uploaded again. It wasn't clearing the listview properly when you did File Open. Now it does. I also fixed a small bug with the Dump XML.

WCIF the version that allows to multi-select multiple files???. it's much more interesting than the custard one, as we can select CC we don't want in the s3packs and remove them.. I had this better version before and I don't find it anywhere now. I can only open my lots with the custard one now..please help
Test Subject
#380 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:23 PM
Can someone help me? I've downloaded both the dashboard tool and the custard tool. When I unzip them, I can see the files, but every time I try to open the program itself, I always get a pop up saying that there is a problem and the program needs to close. What am I doing wrong?
Forum Resident
#381 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:44 PM
Sounds like you might be trying to run them from inside the zip program, which wouldn't work because it doesn't unzip all the files, only the one you clicked on. If that's not it, then I can only guess that you're running on a mac, and they are pc programs. If I'm still wrong, then you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable than myself to reply. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Theorist
#382 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 2:55 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 4th Feb 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Belzader, I have had that "package within a package" message on LOTS, not just on sims. So I am finding it difficult to believe that it is really identifying stuff that is attaching to sims.

I usually know when something is attaching to sims (they're face masks/eyebrows, mostly, IME) because they are not installed through the launcher and they do show up in Custard. I have seen no differences in the version on page one and the version on page 9 in terms of what they identify, other than I always get an error message about how 'this program may not have installed correctly' every time I close it out on the version from page 9. Maybe I should try re-downloading it, but that's been my experience so far.

OK, I checked a S3p with the version of Custard from page 9 that I knew had a cc eyebrow and it had the 'corrupt' designation. But when I used the 'repair the corrupt' option, I get the same results that I get from using the original version of Custard, which is this:

And I really have seen this 'package within a package' on lots, not just sims!

On another note, this is the exact same lot, downloaded this evening from the Exchange. I used both "add to game" and "save file" options using both Custard 1 and Custard 2 (page 9) and here are the results. The urnstone is an EA thing and not CC. In fact, I think it's a photograph on the lot that was taken by a photographer sim. I've never seen a lot (the 'trees' thing that Custard mentions is a recreation of a Christmas tree sales lot, with pine trees that are 'for sale', and by itself it does not contain any CC) attach itself to another lot but that appears to have happened here. The CC items that this lot really does contain are the pattern and the fingerless gloves.

Downloaded Exchange lot uisng Save File (downloaded to PC), & Custard V.1 from first page:

Custard from page 9 (Custard 2), downloaded lot to PC:

Exchange lot used Add to Game instead of Save File, and using original Custard to check before

installing:

Custard from Page 9 (Custard 2), using Add to Game but checking S3P with Custard before installing:

(Edits to clarify and expand custard windows)

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#383 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:03 PM
I'm having a problem. I unzip the file, and try to open it, but every single time, I get an error message saying that the program is not responding and needs to close... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. I got some bad CC from somewhere and would really like to get rid of the naked people, so my son can start playing his part of the game again...
Test Subject
#384 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 8:25 PM
Why the download link does not load?Please give me an answer,thank you.
Mad Poster
#385 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:15 PM
I am having a problem whenever I open a sims3pack in Custard and Save/Save As the changes I make (fixing corrupted entries and unchecking certain CC from lots). It keeps messing up the XML of the lot so that I can't re-open it in Custard or any other program. What do I do to fix it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#386 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:41 PM
murfee Can you use the dump debug XML feature and I'll take a look. thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#387 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 9:26 PM
Thanks for the help! :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Murfee Dump XML 4 Problem Lot.zip (28.4 KB, 16 downloads)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#388 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 3:22 PM
Hrm I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong with the XML so I'll have to take a look at the actual Sims3Pack. Any chance you could upload it someplace? Thanks

Test Subject
#389 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:14 PM
Delphy I'm having the same issue as Goddess. I thought it was my computer the first time I tried but I recently got a new one, tried to use this today and got the same error message. My old computer ran windows 7 my new one is windows 8.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#390 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 8:01 AM
hrm I actually haven't tried it on Windows 8 yet - I'll try and do that sometime this week (I have a busy few days coming up so can't do it immediately)

Test Subject
#391 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:54 PM
hrm I actually haven't tried it on Windows 8 yet - I'll try and do that sometime this week (I have a busy few days coming up so can't do it immediately)

Ok thank you. It didn't work on my Windows 7 computer either but it wasn't set up for gaming and I thought that was the issue.

Thanks for checking into it whenever you have a moment.
Field Researcher
#392 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jazen
Ok thank you. It didn't work on my Windows 7 computer either but it wasn't set up for gaming and I thought that was the issue.

Thanks for checking into it whenever you have a moment.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
Mad Poster
#393 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:11 PM
Hrm I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong with the XML so I'll have to take a look at the actual Sims3Pack. Any chance you could upload it someplace? Thanks

It's okay--I had a friend check the lot and they said it showed up just fine despite the XML thing, so I'm fine with it now, but thank you for offering!

But I do have another question:
I realize that custard is for scanning sims3packs and the dashboard is for scanning packages, but when it comes to scanning sims3pack lots with Custard that have packages inside of them, is there a way to tell which package files are which? There is never any preview image in Custard so I can see what Packages Custard is picking up on in my lots.

It's a bit of a trial to extract the entire lot with the Multi-Extractor, match the file names, and open the packages in programs like S3PE or TSRW, just to see what they look like/are named (they only show up in Custard as an assortment of numbers/letters).

So I just wanted to know if there was an easier way to identify the package files in sims3pack lots scanned with Custard. Just to confirm which packages we are using/are attached to the lot.
Test Subject
#394 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:24 PM
Hello, I believe I reviewed this thread in its entirety and haven't seen my question yet, even though I sent Delphy a PM just now in error before learning how to subscribe and post to a thread I didn't realize was still active, SORRY.

Is there a version of this cleaner that allows you to sort the items within the sims3pack? Dashboard allow you to sort, so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, had an old version or if this feature was just not available.

Thank you in advance for any reply to my very first post.

Respectfully,
Test Subject
#395 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

how would I do that? My old laptop was windows 7 and I would get the same error.
Test Subject
#396 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 9:02 AM
Is there a pudding for MAC?
Lab Assistant
#397 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:23 AM
I keep getting "Corrupt not a DP" even though I have NO CC in my game and have not downloaded from the exchange.
Lab Assistant
#398 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:32 PM
Hey,

Just a quick check because I got a little lost searching for Custard updates in these 16 pages. The latest version of this tool is the one modified on 03.04.2011? There seem to have been a few issues and fixes and I just want to make sure that I have the most recent version.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#399 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 2:23 PM
Can someone please help me??

The link to the Custard tool DOES NOT WORK! When I click on the link, I get rerouted to a "No Cookies" page. If there's a link to something - anything - on here, it should work.... right? I'd like to get the Custard tool to check my packs.

Is there another link - or, maybe a download button - that DOES work??
Lab Assistant
#400 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 6:13 PM
Default Clean Installer for Sims 3
I have built a house that was inspired by another creator here on MTS. I know that I need to check it before I upload it, take good screenshots, etc. Here is my problem(s):
1. This is my first time uploading to this site to the best of my recollection.
2. I found the Custard link, but not sure if it is still working since the last update was 2010.
3. If it is working, how do I use it to it's maximum potential?
4. All of the custom content I have in the lot (patterns, walls, windows, etc.) came from MTS. Are there any creators that do not allow their stuff to be uploaded with a lot? If so, is there a list somewhere so I can remove their custom content from the lot prior to uploading?
5. I am a newbie at uploading, so any help would be appreciated. I have read the tiptorial, so will keep those points in mind while I prepare the lot for upload. However, any tips or help not listed there or anything that has changed since the tiptorial was last updated would be greatly appreciated.

Last but not least, thank you to all the creators on this site for providing such wonderful inspiration and content!

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Page 16 of 23