Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game keeps crashing when I start it:
I'm going to warn you, I kind of know nothing about computers. Recently I reinstalled all of TS2 games on my old Windows Vista.
I was able to install all of the expansion packs except for my favorite, Seasons. When I'd get halfway through installation, I'd get an error about some objectpack not being able to be read. I cleaned the disk and tried repeatedly but it stopped at the same place. I read all the solutions for this, I tried copying the disk data manually but it would still stop at the same point... Finally I opted to buy another copy of the game but again it stopped at the same spot (this I suspect may be related to the problem).

Anyway, There was some corruption in my game caused by deleting tombstones. However I tried my best to halt it by checking my neighborhoods and backing them up frequently.

Eventually it came to the point where I would get to the loading screen and an error message would come up saying something like "the game has crashed; it will now terminate."

I tried running it again and sometimes it would get to the point where I could select a neighborhood, then after a few minutes, the music would stop and after a few more minutes I would get the same message that it crashed.

After that i tried deleting all my neighborhoods and deleted my most recent CC; It did the same thing.

Finally today i decided to uninstall all the games and reinstall them, as well as delete all my CC. It got to the point where I could enter a neighborhood but it was obvious that some object data was missing, the trees were white blocks. Then it crashed again...

The only thing that I could think might be causing this is my disk reader thing (dunno the technical name, i really am a tech retard D maybe it's dirty/or the disk is running to slowly to be read, and that's why Seasons wouldn't install and my game keeps crashing?

It has to be something with the computer, any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:41 AM
It sounds like your DVD/CD rom maybe going bad on you and you may need a new one.
With out having it here to look at that is my best guess.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
It sounds like your DVD/CD rom maybe going bad on you and you may need a new one.
With out having it here to look at that is my best guess.

Turns out that was the case, thanks.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved