Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Force Installation of TS2 and Its EPs or SPs on Windows 8
First of, I'm sorry if this is a repost or posted on the wrong section.

Requirements:
- TS2 Base Game (of course)
- TS2 EPs and SPs (are optional) - A whole set PC or laptop and has Win8 installed

The following steps may helpfull for those who wants to install TS2 on the brand new OS from Microsoft (Win8).
It also help with the error occured while patching or anything else which caused the installation revert or even fails!

Several years ago i bought TS2 Double Deluxe for my Windows 7, the installation were successful but not for the next EPs or SPs.
Always giving me "The Sims 2 is not installed", its not something i want to see.
After the epic situations and getting frustating, i found a way to force installation of TS2 EPs and SPs.
When i'm going to upgrade to Windows 8, i'm just afraid of getting the same messages. Yeah, it does.
So, here is the step that you should do to get TS2 on your brand new Windows OS.

1. Install The Sims 2 Base Game or any packs which included The Sims 2 Base Game. Follow the installation instruction until it finished.
2. Next, install your Expansion Pack (whatever you choose), and wait until it finished.
3. When the installation finishes, by default it will patch base game. (This is the annoying part for me, as they will not detect my The Sims 2 as already installed, so it just revert the installation progress from 100% to 0.) When a message that tell you if the sims 2 up to date appear, open Task Manager by right click on the Taskbar and then click on "Task manager". Find "autorun.exe" and "ts2updater.exe", and kill both process. This will result in the force installation of the EP successful but it won't flagged as Installed. (No more revert the installation).
4. Point your mouse to bottom left corner and then right click on it then choose "Run". Then type "regedit".
5. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\ and then click on The Sims 2. Find "EPsInstalled" and type the EP or SP you've already installed. E.g. Sims2EP1.exe,Sims2EP2.exe,Sims2EP3.exe,Sims2SP1.exe,Sims2SP2.exe,Sims2EP4.exe,Sims2EP5.exe,Sims2SP4.exe,Sims2SP5.exe,Sims2EP6.exe and so on following its installation order.
6. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ you will find the filename of the EP you've installed (even the base game itself), just click on the EP or SP you just installed. E.g. Sims2EP1.exe, and you will see, it doesn't Installed (the value is 0). Because you just force close it before it flagged as Installed, yeah, we have to do it manually as there is a reasons . Double-click on "Installed" and then set to "1". Now, the force installation was completed, you can play your game without any problems. No need to Reboot, but if you decide to, just go on.

This method works for every EPs and SPs, can be played without any problems.
Nothing to do with compatibility mode. Its a matter of thinking, think for a solution, and less complaint. As someone else's said: "Loser always complaint"

> Before you complaint about the lags, check your system specs.
> I'm recommend to copy your The Sims 2 DVD or CD and make an iso file, then open it using any Virtual Drive. This will saves a lot of time when installing and will also save your The Sims 2 CD or DVD from being damaged.
> If you want to use SimPE or Sims2Pack Clean Installer, make sure to enable .NET Framework 3 on the Program Features. As both program may not work without it.

For moderator, if i'm posting in a wrong section please move it
But if i'm repost, please delete
And if it helped a lot of people, please keep it alive
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 2:58 PM
It's good to hear you've found a solution, but I think the instructions in the installing on Windows 8 sticky in this forum are probably simpler to follow.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:40 PM
Couldn't this thread be added to the other thread?