Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default CC house - crashes game when I try to open it.
Ok, so before everyone shouts at me to go look through the "Game Help:Game Problem" I've already done that, but the problem still existed...and it's confused me...don't ask me how...I'm easily confused.

anyway, a while ago, I downloaded and installed a CC house from mybsims, but when I tried to open it, my game crashed when it was half way through opening.... :/ I then thought it was something to do with my CC installed, so I took away my CC and saved sims, but the problem still persisted. So I renamed my user file, but of course that means the game then makes another EA games >> Sims 2 folder, and completely get rids of the CC house :/ I could always try and go to my back up, which I made before going through all these steps, and see if this happens for any Maxis house, but I'm really confused!!

What should I do?? Should I uninstall and reinstall the house somehow? or just re download the house from their website and let it overwrite all the files for it??

I really need some help on this because I'm extremely confused!!

Any help, is really appreciated here!
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:23 PM
Do you have all the required EPs for the house (including Mansion and Gardens because that acts like an EP)?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Do you have all the required EPs for the house (including Mansion and Gardens because that acts like an EP)?

http://www.mybsims.net/t3768-cheap-brick

^ Above is a link to the house, I can't seem to find if it says what expansion packs are required, but I used clean installer, so surely it would just get rid of the stuff which I don't have the expansion packs for?? If not, is it likely that that's the cause of the problem?

EDIT: As for what expansion packs that I have: university life (the collection one, which comes with 2 stuff packs), nightlife, pets, seasons, open for business, H&M stuff, Glamour stuff, (2 stuff packs which came with University), Ikea stuff & teen style stuff
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:48 PM
You cannot open and play a house or object that is made using an EP that you do not have installed in your game.

I cannot check the site for you because it is in Spanish and I don't wish to register.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 7:02 PM
You cannot open and play a house or object that is made using an EP that you do not have installed in your game.

I cannot check the site for you because it is in Spanish and I don't wish to register.

Ohh, so I should just buy the rest of the expansion packs then? As for the website, I have to literally go to a translator and copy and paste everything in, but I checked after I replied the first time, and it didn't say anything about what expansion pack was used, I'll just save up and buy the rest of the expansion packs then I guess

Thanks for the help though!!

It's annoying how simple the answer is, in comparison to the hassle I went through to try and get the game to work again!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 12:19 AM
Well, it may be that you don't have the required EPs for this house to work in your game or it might be that some of the CC in that house is conflicting with some CC that you have in your game. There could be several reasons why it's not working.

Site Helper
#7 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:51 AM
The Clean Installer will tell you which game engine is required. Click on the lot and the EP or SP will be displayed at the bottom left of the screen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 9:14 PM
Well, it may be that you don't have the required EPs for this house to work in your game or it might be that some of the CC in that house is conflicting with some CC that you have in your game. There could be several reasons why it's not working.

with the CC conflicting part, that's what I thought originally, so I removed my downloads folder to my desktop, but the problem was still there...so i'm just going to assume that it's something to do with not having the required expansion pack for it, thanks for your help though!! ^.^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The Clean Installer will tell you which game engine is required. Click on the lot and the EP or SP will be displayed at the bottom left of the screen.

is that in-game, or just before I'm about to install it?? thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM
When you go to install the lot with Clean Installer, if you click on the lot file, down below it says version and that is the game engine the person who made the lot was using. You will need to be equal or above to use the lot. So if the version says Mansion and Garden's then you must have M&G to use the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~