Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Default The Monthlies
Ah, period blues. Or reds. Whichever you prefer. I think period blues doesn't sound as bad, but that's just me.
Anyway, we go through them, and boy are they a pain. Between cramps and PMSing, periods are a trial we have to go through and boys don't have to, but let's pretend that I'm not annoyed that they don't have to bleed every month.
For all your period woes, questions, concerns and comments, hopefully we can make it through our periods without as much stress with this thread.

*For any health concerns please consult a doctor
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
You just have a post for all our needs don't you PixCii XD

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
O.O
You post it late..........!

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:43 AM
Oh I'm on a thread making spree . Naw, I just thought comments and questions should have their own thread about our favourite visitor -_-.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:45 AM
I'm still sad now =[
I don't know what a period feels like and I have few underwear so I can only change it every few days and I can't see any reds
But I have terrible days that I lose my temper completely and my whole body aches and it's rare I've started marking the date, though, last month it was the 27th ...

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:53 AM
Don't worry, I did the same before I started. I get stomach cramps all the time and was practically praying it was time for me to start. But don't wish for it too hard, it's not pleasant!

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:55 AM
On mine I get loud, preppy or distant and grochy

You confuse me.... Why?

I LOVE YOU ZACH!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
Oh.
Okay.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
My mood isn't really affected, but I do get a bit snappy because I suffer from awful cramps which put me in a lot of pain. I end up just loading myself up on pain killers or I just sleep a lot. I have to go to the doctors soon to get something to control the cramps, because it's gotten to the point where it's really affecting my daily life.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
My mood isn't really affected, but I do get a bit snappy because I suffer from awful cramps which put me in a lot of pain. I end up just loading myself up on pain killers or I just sleep a lot. I have to go to the doctors soon to get something to control the cramps, because it's gotten to the point where it's really affecting my daily life.

My mom does too, she sits in her chair all day and she gets so bloated she looks pregnant ._.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Instructor
#11 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
My mood is horrible when I'm on, I'm moody and emotional now, just guess how I am on my period. I also have that post PMS, so before I even come on it, I'm a wreck. But I'm a loner so I don't interact with my family at all when I'm on (seven days mind you) and when I do, they usually asking me for something and I burst into a rant about how lazy they are, then I complain about them always asking me, then I cry because of them pain. But midol usually helps.

My city =D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:14 AM
Last year, I had cramps so bad I was on the couch crying.
It didn't help that dad blew it off and said, maybe he was kidding though, "Ah, what the heck," To mom "Let's go have sex in the motorhome"
-.- But the cramps haven't happened that BAD since and I dunno if it was a period or what.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:16 AM
Cramps don't always mean periods, some women don't even cramp on their monthlies, some cramp all the time (even when they're not on). So, don't listen to all of the stereotype of PMS, because you just might be an exception.

My city =D
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:17 AM
Otay.
*solemn again because may not have period*

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
Dumb thought that just refuses to get the fuck out of my mind.

How many Midols do you girls take? 1 is enough but sometimes when I'm cramping real bad I take 2.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:46 AM
I just took 2 paracetamol for it. Period pains are evil. EVIL.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:33 PM
I take ibuprofen (motrin, advil), acetaminophen (midol) doesn't really work on my cramps.
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:27 PM
Exercise helps, luckily I don't get cramps anymore, but on the occassion that I do, I just pop in my Denise Austen Standing Pilates dvd and work out for 30 minutes.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Scholar
#19 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:36 PM
I'm the irregular period getter. Sometimes I'll get it every month for a few consecutive months, then I'll turn around and go without it for a while. Right now I'm on that "few consecutive months" without it . . . It's the way I've always been, and even though I've had it for 6 yrs, it's like it doesn't want to regulate. But, I usually have to dose up on ibuprofen after ibuprofen for the first day or two, but sometimes not. (again...irregular me!). Then sometimes it's 'heavy' and then other times it's not . . .

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM
I had terrible cramps today, maybe it was because I remembered getting my ears pierced the first time, sigh.
But it HURT and I think someone in pinching me *twitches everytime theres a pimchy* It's like theres something in me and pinching my muscle, maybe it's a period? *twitch*
GAH

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:12 PM
casslass, maybe you should try to see a doctor about your frequent cramps. You might have some kind of GI problem that you're mistaking for PMS.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:13 PM
It was only once, today, lol. It hurt yesterday too, though.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Alchemist
#23 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:45 AM
I only got mine like... a little before Christmas of last year maybe? but I'm one of those people who worries about everything, so when it didn't come back for five FREAKIN months, it freaked me out. Mine lasts for around 7 days and usually comes every... month and a half, but I really, seriously hate it... but one good thing is that I only cramp on the first day, then it's nothing.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:41 AM
My very first period was HELL. It happened when I was in middle school (I think I was 13, maybe 14), I went to the washroom and noticed a bit of spotting. So, I went to my best friend, who I knew had started hers already, and asked her what I should do. She said I would be fine, we only had one class left for the day, just leave it. Well lucky me, it started coming HEAVILY and I was panicking. So, right before class starts I frantically ask if anyone has a quarter (so I could buy a pad from the machine in the washroom), a nice girl gives me one and I tell the teacher I have to go to the washroom, that is it urgent. He gives me this really weird, sort of creepy, look and lets me go.

It doesn't seem so bad all typed out, but let me tell it was VERY embarrassing at the time and I was so mad at my friend for telling me to just leave it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:52 AM
^^ ktbcca, my first was awful as well. I had PE when I got it and I hadn't noticed the spotting by the time it started coming heavily. Soooooo, I asked a friend of mine who had already started hers, and the only pads she had were ones for SUPER DUPER HEAVY FLOW, and it felt like I was wearing an adult diaper or something. I was running the cross country that way. Imagine running 3 km in a diaper, and that's what it felt like. Our school doesn't have any machines in the bathrooms or anything either. But ugh, it was awful. And then the issue of telling my mother...well that was just awkward as hell.

Page 1 of 2