Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#7601 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:56 AM
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question... but what the heck is a "Super Duper Hug"? It only just showed up today, and for the record I don't have debug mode on.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7602 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question... but what the heck is a "Super Duper Hug"? It only just showed up today, and for the record I don't have debug mode on.

Have you recently downloaded a lot?

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Instructor
#7603 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Have you recently downloaded a lot?

Not in the past couple of days. I've been playing that lot for the last day or so and that interaction only just showed up this evening.
Top Secret Researcher
#7604 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:36 AM
Not in the past couple of days. I've been playing that lot for the last day or so and that interaction only just showed up this evening.

So it IS a downloaded lot?
Here, read this and the comments. I'm not very good at explaining.

heeeere

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Scholar
#7605 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:43 AM
Super Duper Hug happened to me a while ago. I was also asked if I downloaded any lots, but I haven't in over a month prior. Regardless, google lead me to this hack which fixed it for me: 'Control This Sim' hack. I don't know how they correlate but people say it works, which it did. I ended up keeping the mod since I found it useful too.

http://modthesims.info/d/140314
Instructor
#7606 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
So it IS a downloaded lot?
Here, read this and the comments. I'm not very good at explaining.

heeeere

I read through the comments, and downloaded the "LBFRemovesocial" hack included in this download and that got rid of it.
Forum Resident
#7607 Old 11th May 2012 at 6:02 AM
So I made a Sim and turned her into a townie. I tried to summon her to check something but she wasn't listed to summon. Is there any other hack to summon townies to a lot? Or perhaps find her with SimPE?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#7608 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:34 AM
Have you tried simwardrobe's teleporter hack?
Instructor
#7609 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:24 AM
Why do people complain about staying over when they weren't invited to in the first place? Can sims autonomously invite someone? Or is it a bug?
Inventor
#7610 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:43 AM
@Josepina , it's a bug , fix is here http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/217
Mad Poster
#7611 Old 11th May 2012 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
So I made a Sim and turned her into a townie. I tried to summon her to check something but she wasn't listed to summon. Is there any other hack to summon townies to a lot? Or perhaps find her with SimPE?

Were you trying to find her using her original surname? Pretty much all the townies are lumped into one family (I think it's Barrett?), no matter what their real surname is.
Mad Poster
#7612 Old 11th May 2012 at 1:43 PM
There's a number of families that the townies are grouped under - Barrett, Smith, Garth, Gilscarbo, etc. Some are smallish and some are freaking huge. The simplest way to find out which one she belongs to in SimPE is to arrange them by name (just click on the head of the column in the Sim Browser). That'll put them in alphabetical order by first name; then you just scroll down to hers, and look to see what Household she's in.

If you want her in a smaller household so you don't have to wade through as many names when summoning her, you can remove her from her original household and add her to the one of your choice in the FAMI data.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#7613 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:38 PM
Several of my Sims are unable to change fitness levels.. the actual bar moves up and down, but the Sim won't "pop" into their new fitness level. I've tried forcing it by shift+clicking, but that didn't work either; it just moved the bar again without any change on the Sim itself. I can't seem to find anyone with similar issues from searching.. any clue what's causing it?

The only mods I've put in recently are the teleporter painting and the Uni LTWs, so I don't think that's it, but I haven't tested my mods folder yet. I was hoping there might be an easier solution before I go through all of that.
Mad Poster
#7614 Old 11th May 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Several of my Sims are unable to change fitness levels.. the actual bar moves up and down, but the Sim won't "pop" into their new fitness level. I've tried forcing it by shift+clicking, but that didn't work either; it just moved the bar again without any change on the Sim itself. I can't seem to find anyone with similar issues from searching.. any clue what's causing it?

The only mods I've put in recently are the teleporter painting and the Uni LTWs, so I don't think that's it, but I haven't tested my mods folder yet. I was hoping there might be an easier solution before I go through all of that.

I have the mod that allows skilling for playables and townies on community lots. I have a sports and spa centre, so when they exercise, they gain body skills and and their fitness bar moves up, however, they don't "pop" into a new body form, but when I get to the other playable sims homes, who were on the community lot exercising, I get them sometimes to eat food that is in excessive amounts, i.e. it exceeds their hunger need, so the bar goes down a bit, and they suddenly pop into their new appropriate body form, even fit, if their bar was still on the fit side.
Inventor
#7615 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:32 PM
My computer is getting slow. While wandering through Windows Explorer, I found this: My Documents/Downloads - 205MB in 162 files. Most of them are .rar or .zip files. This is not my Sims Downloads folder, where all the rars and zips have been uncondensed and installed long ago. No, this looks like copies of everything I have downloaded in the last couple of years. Will it be all right to delete the lot? Will that affect my game at all? Will it speed up my computer? Does anyone know?
Site Helper
#7616 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:55 PM
Yes, you should be able to delete My Documents\Downloads, as long as you have already installed all of those downloads into TS2.

No, it should not affect your game at all. That folder is not used by the game.

No, it will probably not speed up your computer, unless you are already very low on disk space.

Personally, I like to keep the original zip and rar files, along with documentation about each download. However, that's only so that I have the downloads in their smallest format, so that I won't lose them if I accidentally delete them from the game. This is more a philosophy than a requirement.
Instructor
#7617 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:57 PM

Did you remove any hacks prior to launching the game when this option came up? Several hacks require a specific uninstall to remove them and this "Debug" option will appear if you don't do it properly. (Ex: the "Kiss Cheek" hack on MTS is a known culprit.)

BoilingOil has made a couple of mods that actively work to remove the "Debug" behavior; check them here and decide which one you prefer. There is a third option available here as well, but I've never used it.
Inventor
#7618 Old 12th May 2012 at 6:40 AM
Next noobie question: I'm thrashing around here, trying to upload my first lot, and I've gone crosseyed with reading the requirements. Now Clean Installer won't find my lot in PackagedLots. It finds LotCatalog : 80; PackagedLots : 0. I have Clean Installer version 1.5.1.4. I try clicking the Update button, and get this:
C:\Program Files\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\url.txt
Starting Web Update
Connecting to:
Checking Version
Error connecting to version.txt
Could not connect to

Any helpful suggestions? Or unhelpful ones, if you like. I am, after all, desperate.
Mad Poster
#7619 Old 12th May 2012 at 11:24 AM
It won't be in your lot catalogue, there should be another folder called (I think) packaged lots. Check there.

ETA: Wait, didn't read properly, sorry. If it's not there I can only suggest packaging it again. It should then say where it's saved it and with what name.
Forum Resident
#7620 Old 12th May 2012 at 1:48 PM
One neighbourhood I'm restarting I've decided to go back about a generation or two to build up a more populated 'hood and give some sims families and deeper backgrounds. My question: if I were to use sim surgery to change a sim's appearance, do the ages need to match up (i.e. I need to orchestrate a few births, so do I need to make sure I replace a toddler's appearance with that of another toddler, or could I just use an adult)? It doesn't overly matter if they do need to be the same ages (just a couple more clicks) but if I could save that time it would be helpful.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7621 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:08 PM
Quote:
what the heck is a "Super Duper Hug"?

That can happen if you remove a badly made social hack. I had it occur after removing a family kiss hack which was supposed to let friends kiss each other on the check in a platonic way, but instead I had everybody kissing everybody else. I took it out and got the 'Super Duper Hug". You can read more about it and fix it here as well if you don't want the other fixes mentioned above. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=140314 Yes it's a very old hack, but it still works well with all the Ep's and is a very handy mod.

music2ologist, make sure when you use Clean Installer to clean out hacks or other items you don't want in your uploaded lot, to rename it or it won't work.
What I do is drag the lot from my packaged lot folder onto my desktop and double click to open it. Make sure anything like mail box recolours are deleted and save with the name I want it to have, right click and chose 'add to archive' which turns it into a rar ready to upload.
Site Helper
#7622 Old 12th May 2012 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
Next noobie question: I'm thrashing around here, trying to upload my first lot, and I've gone crosseyed with reading the requirements. Now Clean Installer won't find my lot in PackagedLots. It finds LotCatalog : 80; PackagedLots : 0.
The Browse mode of the Clean Installer will not detect Sims2Packs, only packages.

Open Windows Explorer. Go to the PackagedLots subfolder of your save game. Double click on the Sims2Pack. This should open the Sims2Pack in the Clean Installer.
Forum Resident
#7623 Old 12th May 2012 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Have you tried simwardrobe's teleporter hack?

I have that hack and didn't even think to try it out. I'm making a back up of my neighborhood right now(trying to figure out why my pets wont age) so I'll try that later.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Were you trying to find her using her original surname? Pretty much all the townies are lumped into one family (I think it's Barrett?), no matter what their real surname is.

I had no idea that's what happened when you released sims as townies. I wanted to find her again so I could make her playable. I decided later in the day that I'd rather play her instead of marrying her into a household.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
There's a number of families that the townies are grouped under - Barrett, Smith, Garth, Gilscarbo, etc...

That's really interesting. I think after my backup is complete I'll look around in SimPE and see if I can find her. I'm going to look for a tutorial now on how to turn townies into playables. I bet MMAA would know since he has that whole neighborhood dedicated to townies.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#7624 Old 12th May 2012 at 8:49 PM
Actually, if you go back aways in this very thread, you'll find the advice I got on this subject.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...219#post3840219

You can do it with SimBlender from inside the game, or from SimPE with the game off, which is what I did.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7625 Old 12th May 2012 at 9:08 PM Last edited by lazzybum : 12th May 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Can we change the name of the default radio stations? I always get new wave, new age, big band, indiewave, jambands all mixed up, and would like to rename it to something I recognize.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 305 of 1000