Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:03 PM
That's a pretty good idea. Yes, you can see them sitting in the tub, but only from far away where the lot is surrounded by fairly thick greenery.
I really like the idea of making the "useless corner" the dining area, that way it'll match with the TS4 house (for reference: 1, 2)

But I'll have to figure something else out for the bathroom, because I like it where it is. Only thing I don't like is how it extrudes on the outside. But I'm sure there's a solution to that. I have some ideas myself.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:01 PM
Actually, I have many ideas. I have so many ideas. I have the best ideas, they're fantastic. They're really great. Nobody has ideas as good as mine. People often come up to me and say, "Pi, we love your great ideas. Your many great ideas." They love it! It's true, people love my ideas. So sorry to tell the losers and the haters - bless you - but you're not gonna beat my ideas.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#28 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Jan 2017 at 2:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Actually, I have many ideas. I have so many ideas. I have the best ideas, they're fantastic. They're really great. Nobody has ideas as good as mine. People often come up to me and say, "Pi, we love your great ideas. Your many great ideas." They love it! It's true, people love my ideas. So sorry to tell the losers and the haters - bless you - but you're not gonna beat my ideas.

Sure! Since you're so certain about yourself I'm going to beat the lifeshit out of you

Lets try this then, a bit of theory.

I have picked up the wooden glossy boards I usually stay away from because of the gloss. It's a bit sad though, because it's a really lovely wooden pattern.

I used Photoshop colorpicker to find the color of those boards. You don't need to do that because the color wheel in Sims3 gives you the 6 digit HEX numbers. Copy and paste them into a program such as Colourlovers:

I have used blend and complementary, you can select those at the bottom right, and adjust the shade or what it's called. What this program does is to find colors that match and make that little extra out of your interiors. I often use it help me find unlikely combinations. It helps me use my imagination and try something new from time to time.

When you have made a palette you can make a pattern and try the colors together with different shades of the same color, just to finetune your selection.

I never use the color you use, I used your colors for this palette, and to me it's boring

I prefer looking for that magical thing that works for some strange reason. At least in my eyes:

If you're looking for something as difficult as an all white look, this might work ... or perhaps it won't.

When you attack the same shade from different angles you might end up with warm/cold contrasting colors all white like this. I have here 3 warm and 2 cold colors made using blend and complementary.

I gave your look more work and came up with this, it's a very in your face selection, but where you use the colors is also important. In ts3 where you can also select channels, you can put the colors you think are very heavy in small channels and let them shine there. From my experience small almost hidden channels can do wonders on any interior ... and exterior

Then you can make a palette with lighter shades to calm it all down a bit.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 4:35 PM
Oh dear, that's way too bold in terms of palettes. It's a multi-million dollar mansion, not a gypsy caravan. If I use patterns, which I don't do much, they're very simple, geometric ones or they have a specific texture. I like the idea but I don't see it working.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#30 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Oh dear, that's way too bold in terms of palettes. It's a multi-million dollar mansion, not a gypsy caravan. If I use patterns, which I don't do much, they're very simple, geometric ones or they have a specific texture. I like the idea but I don't see it working.

It's a lecture in theory darling. I don't intend to do the job for you

Gypsy caravan really? You must have a traumatic relationship with colour
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:00 PM
Colour is actually great if it's solid or a gradient. A bright orange, solid wall or a red-purple gradient (if such a thing were possible in TS3) would look great in my sort of houses. But black, white, brown and silver are my go-to modern tints.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#32 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 8:17 PM
You can achieve all those colors in several different ways
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:39 AM
Whoa- Volvenom- you have blown my mind..

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:02 AM
I agree - it's a great way to match colours....if you need it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:52 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 10th Aug 2017 at 3:04 PM.
So I've fixed some things that needed fixing - definitely happy about it, at least for now:

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

So if anyone has any opinions on these, please let me know.

insert signature here

Page 2 of 2