Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#151 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I never knew about that. I don't mind laundry in the game but seeing as how we are introduced to a new seamless town, it would just take up so much time and get in the way of things.

I agree, with all the new things to do, our sims will definitely be a bit too busy for these type of chores!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 5:24 PM
1st Prima Guide Details + 8 New Videos
The first details of the official Prima Guide for The Sims 3, here:

http://www.primagames.com/catalog/d...0761561378#desc

Yet 8 more videos! Feebs.nl posted the entire presentation of their Sims 3 Producer Tour with good quality images and sound in 8 videos, here:

http://www.feebs.nl/search?query=si...=25&submit=Zoek

EDIT: Okay, I think these 8 videos may be the same ones from the Sims De Toi videos that were posted about a week ago because they look the same to me. But these videos here are larger and a little better in quality so I'll just keep the link here. Sorry about that!
Sockpuppet
#153 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnootySims
Collector's Edition
NeffyH from TheSims BBS scanned the box and poster from the Sims 3 Collector’s Edition. I took the liberty of pasting the poster together (it was scanned in 4 parts).
Check them out in the Sims 3 section of this site here: Collector's Edition screens
Thanks to Simprograms for the tip.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION PICTURES
http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=miscpics
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 12:34 AM
Yes we saw those at the BBS at another thread but theese scans that you are showing us are better quality. I like them! I'm anticipating playing Mortimer as a child and the ability to actually choose his destiny this time is amazing! It's like now we get to make it all happen rather than EAxis having done it already for us.

And wow, I'm surprised that these families don't include Bella or even the Newbies! What's up with that? We have Mortimer and Crumplebottom which are both famous, now we need Bella and the Newbies to complete the collection of the famous characters from the original. Maybe Bella's story is still being worked on? I hope she'll be in it. And I want her to be born because we shouldn't have to create her.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 2:54 AM
After seeing what the Collector's Edition I'm happy that I decided to order the standard version. I do want that orange sports car but I don't think $20 is worth it just for the car. lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:04 AM
Yes but remember that now that we have the new tool in the game called Create-A-Style, you can change the color, pattern and texture.
#157 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nova
After seeing what the Collector's Edition I'm happy that I decided to order the standard version. I do want that orange sports car but I don't think $20 is worth it just for the car. lol

The extra $20 isn't just for the car. Actually, most of the cost is for the 2 GB flash drive.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 5:43 AM
I know that. I was saying that for me shelling out an extra $20 for it would be a waste since the only I want is that orange sports car.
Instructor
#159 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 8:27 AM
HeeHee! I actually like the way Mortimer's family looks. They seem like they would be a blast to play. XD And Mortimer is definitely giving off some Adam's family vibe in that outfit. XD
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 2:52 PM
About the laundry:

The person who wrote this, is Dutch and also wrote a Dutch preview for the site she belongs to. In that preview one can read the following:
Quote: Originally posted by Romy
Troep opruimen kun je zelf simpel doen door spul in de afwasmachine te plaatsen (...)

Which does NOT mean you can put your dirty clothes in a washing machine, it means you can put your dirty DISHES in the DISHwasher.
Sorry guys, for the misunderstanding. It's most likely that, as she is Dutch, she would use the right word in the Dutch preview and a wrong one in her translation. It is very similar, after all.

Lab Assistant
#161 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nimi
Which does NOT mean you can put your dirty clothes in a washing machine, it means you can put your dirty DISHES in the DISHwasher.
Sorry guys, for the misunderstanding. It's most likely that, as she is Dutch, she would use the right word in the Dutch preview and a wrong one in her translation. It is very similar, after all.

Lol that makes more sense. It would be nice to have a washer and dyer as decoration though.
Field Researcher
#162 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie

And wow, I'm surprised that these families don't include Bella or even the Newbies! What's up with that? We have Mortimer and Crumplebottom which are both famous, now we need Bella and the Newbies to complete the collection of the famous characters from the original.

Wait. So Jeff and Diane Pleasant aren't famous enough? I remember them being universally complained about in Sims 1. And the apple sure hasn't fallen far from the tree seeing as they were Daniel's parents and the mess his family is in 2. I could see dissing the Roomies as they were afterthoughts even in 2 or Michael Bachelor since he's dead and his urn is on the Caliente coffee table. But the Pleasants are every bit as much as a founding family of the game as the Goths are. If Sims 3 ships and there are no Pleasants, the character roster will be quite incomplete.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#163 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:16 PM
I loved the Pleasant's family tree- there's one in there called Les Pleasant!
What about Brad and Tiffany Burb? Aren't they going to be there?
#164 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 5:19 PM
Default The sims 3 on Twitter
This piece of info was in the official site.... don't know what Twitter is... but it looks like a kind of blog and apparently they'll put some news on it every Thursday!
This is the link

http://twitter.com/TheSims3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#165 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 10:11 PM
The Official TS3 Game Cover + New Community Blog
Apparently this is the official game cover for The Sims 3 according to Amazon.co.uk and InfiniteSims, both of which are usually reliable sources. Snooty posted it in his site:

http://www.snootysims.com/newsimg/sims3cover.jpg

A new blog has been posted in the official site about the new community site for the game:

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/b...ityFeaturesBlog

Personally I love the new game cover, the Sims are very attractive in it (more so than the screen shots we've seen) and it looks just like a teen drama series like "Gossip Girl" or "90210" or something, lol. Just the way they're posing, I guess. I wonder if we'll get these poses in the game.

Cappyboy, I apologize for that, I totally forgot about the Pleasant family only because I never played them. I would always delete them because they just didn't interest me. But I play them in Sims 2 because they are much more interesting in that version.
Test Subject
#166 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 10:27 PM
I hope they can really pose like that, (guy's arms around the girls waist) I can't wait!!! If I can make a super affectionate sim like me (without it always leading to woohoo) I'll be extremely happy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#167 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 11:28 PM
Yeah, especially when making stories, these poses would be great.
Forum Resident
#168 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 8:01 AM
If every other game in the Sims series is any indication, then the game cover and what is on it means nothing as they hardly ever reflect anything about the clothing, hair or pose options/features we will get in the actual game and are usually just artistic conceptualizations.

Also, there's something about it that just doesn't look right to me and it's not even connected to all the controversy on the official boards about the skankiness of the picture. I don't know, I just doubt this will be the actual box cover art for the game. Personally, the super sparkly plumbbob is enough for me.
Alchemist
#169 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 8:49 AM
Interesting cover. I rather liked the white background with the shiny plumbob, but I guess I am in to simplistic designs like that.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 10:43 AM
Love the new cover! The sims look fantastic! So individual and unique. I'm getting more excited with every new piece of information.

Also there has been two new pictures posted on the official site:

http://thesims3.ea.com/screenshots/...ohochic_big.jpg

http://thesims3.ea.com/screenshots/...rbattle_big.jpg

I dont think anyone has posted these already.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:10 PM
Thanks for the link to the new pictures. I love those purple boots on the girl standing in the first pic. The clothes in TS3 look way better then what was in TS2... the sims team must of been keeping up with what CC designers where making. Thank goodness.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:41 PM
The clothes are definately better. I love the stripey top and jeans compo. And of course the purple boots!
Instructor
#173 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM
The boots are fabulous - looks like the Sim has a proper high heel and not those stumpy ones of past games.
Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 7:28 PM
I agree the outfits are definitely better, I like the deign of the room too. It's enough for me to just have my furniture match, I like stuff matchy matchy like that so no more having to search and search for the perfect recolors (I'm no good at creating CC)
Forum Resident
#175 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 8:00 PM
I'm loving the cover. The dress with the boots is awesome.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 7 of 94