Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AnyGameStarter v. 2.1.3 (for CD/DVD games) * UPD 29 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 28th Dec 2017 at 11:28 PM by Numenor

516 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 21
Test Subject
#401 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
@ bigsisterdice have you tried just placing the stairs on a test lot? Just make a square 6*6 room and put a single floor tile on the upper floor against one wall. Then see if you can place the stairs. Then you will know if it is the lot or the stairs.

First: thanks for the really fast response, i really appreciate it and second: yes i did, to no avail :'(
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#402 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 9:18 PM Last edited by leesester : 20th Aug 2011 at 9:36 PM.
Hmm, I had a look in the thread for the stairs and there are some comments from another user who was having problems installing without the scriptorium : Posts 47, 48 and 49 MIGHT be of some help.

I shall also try and put these stairs in my AGS and see if I can get them to show up

OK, I got them to show, using the text from the attached rar file in the stairs download. I had the main mesh and the recolor mesh in my AGS downloads folder and the edit to the catalog scripts file in my C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt.

It worked fine, though it would not let me place a step until I first put a floor tile on the spot where I wanted the stairs to start. It said "No ground at top". Once I did that it was fine.
Test Subject
#403 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:20 AM
thank you thank you thank you!!!!! i think he and i were so worried about messing up the text part that we forgot to put the base mesh in the folder, we somehow had the recolors but not the base lol.

p.s. i have almost all of your work downloaded (<3) and now you get awesome person points too for helping (i kinda feel like im talking to a celebrity :P)
Test Subject
#404 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 8:20 PM
Help Please!
I downloaded this program so I could make base-game compatible houses to share, but I cannot seem to get my AnyGame1 (my base game file) to work. I keep getting this pop-up:

Quote:
*** ERROR! ***
There is something wrong in your save-game folders: AnyGameStarter can't
find your "full" game folder. It should be located in:
C:\Users\Jo\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe
and it should contain, along with all your downloads and neighborhoods,
a small file named "FullGame.id"; but AnyGameStarter can't find this file.
The only solution is to run the AnyGame Setup again and reinstall this AnyGame.
For whatever problem, question or request, please
post at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
providing a zip containing your entire AppFiles folder, i.e.:
C:\Users\Jo\DOCUME~1\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles\AppFiles
I'm sorry for the problems, but remember that the AnyGameStarter is officially
a "beta" version tool, i.e. it's still in testing.

I have unistalled, reinstalled, debugged and all that, but the above error keeps spitting out. I am trying to boot the basegame from Double Deluxe, but I also have Fun with Pets collection installed. Everything runs out of my Double Deluxe folder with no problem (when I reinstalled FwP it didn't create a folder in EA GAMES).

Thank you in advance.

~Faythe
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (494.9 KB, 6 downloads)
Description: my entire appfiles folder, as requested by the error message
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#405 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:42 PM
Hi, AGS is not suitable for use with Collection Sets except the ones listed in the main post. I am not sure if it is an issue to use AGS when you have Collections installed but not selected in the Any Game you are trying to make. It could be the cause of your error.
Space Pony
#406 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:22 AM
Will there ever be a version that is compatible with a) other collection packs and/or b) games bought online? It seems like a really neat utility, but paying over $200 for something I already own just to be able to use it would be overkill.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#407 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 12:36 PM
Gosh... you can't imagine how much I love.. no... adore you right now!
Test Subject
#408 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:43 PM
Default Can not run original game with all my neighborhoods.
Whether I run Sims 2 using icon generated by AGS or the original shortcut ("C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe") I only see the new empty neighborhood I created using AGS.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, there was no AGSinstaller_Log.txt on the desktop or anywhere else on my system or I would have zipped that along with the AppFiles folder.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (493.4 KB, 7 downloads)
Test Subject
#409 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:38 PM
is anyone else receiving the message: The Sims 2 is already running! when its not with this? It seemed to have started after i installed this on both anygamestarter and the regular one.
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:44 AM
Please help, quick quest. about supported games by the AGS
Hello.

I have, probably, a really dumb question. I've been looking at your AGS now for some time. I recently had to replace my original Double Deluxe (which you said was supported by this version of the AGS) because I lost the cd. So, I bought a new copy, however, it starts up sometimes in "Store" version/mode, something like that, called "Store Edition". Would this be supported as well?

I think you said, somewhere, that only Double Deluxe (and something else, I think) were supported (along with the usual EP & SPs). I bought the Fun with Pets collection pack also (since I didn't have mansion&garden)... is there some way to make that pack work as well?

I have heard really good things about you and that you like to help people with their problems and make their games better. Could you please take the time to help me out a little? I would really, really appreciate it, as I reeeally want to start working with your AGS.

Thanks!! Take care.
--Kate
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#411 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:47 AM
thanks leesester for answerin part of my question without knowing it. I guess that answers the part about Fun with Pets. Sorry Numenor for taking up space on your comments page. Could I please still get some help with the "Store Edition" part? Is that considered a collection pack as well.... Sad if it is.... then I couldn't use the AGS at all, right?

Thanks so much. Sorry again about the stupid questions. Just don't want to ruin my games, crash, or anything...
Test Subject
#412 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 9:09 AM
@numenor
Brilliant app ! Thank you !
It works flawlessly, do exacly whats expected,
and additionaly its very easy to use.

@concerned users
This application manipulates some sensitive areas of your computer, therefore if your antivirus / firewall is set to work in background in automatic mode which not require user attention, it may automaticaly block some important parts of AGS installer actions without even informing user about it.
In this case you may find your game broken.
(Its similar effect to when you would eject your game CD manually in middle of installation process, but this time it antivirus "kindly" did it for you)
So, when you run AGS installer or game created by it - keep an eye on your antivirus actions to avoid unnecessary harm.
Test Subject
#413 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 2:11 PM
my doens't work. i try to open it. nothing happend. i cant open it. please fix this.
Forum Resident
#414 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:59 PM
I had one question about this, sorry if its a bit obvious. Im starting to look into making lots and i was going to download this but im not sure if it works with the university life collection? The reason i am confused is because first it says that it doesnt work with the store collections and then it says it works with any physical CD. thanks
Test Subject
#415 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:42 PM
Eek! My game got destroyed by this... it was probably my fault, though. I can't uninstall my games nor can I start them, so basically I'm trapped. I bought my games over the EA Store, could that conflict? Or was it because I had some of the "Fun with Pets" packs and such? If you could maybe find a solution to this that'd be great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#416 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:00 PM
I started a game but when I give double click, and the game didn't start.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Test Subject
#417 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gorgod
Eek! My game got destroyed by this... it was probably my fault, though. I can't uninstall my games nor can I start them, so basically I'm trapped. I bought my games over the EA Store, could that conflict? Or was it because I had some of the "Fun with Pets" packs and such? If you could maybe find a solution to this that'd be great.

Ah, nevermind. I just manually uninstalled it, and now it's working fine. Thanks anyways!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#418 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:35 AM
When I Installed All Of Stuff And Exp. Pack, I click AnyGame, Why Can't Use??
Test Subject
#419 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 3:03 AM
Got my games from a friend along with his special thing that makes it so I didn't need a key. All of my games/EPs are like that. I've got...everything but the mansion EP. Will AGS work with games like that?

Obviously I'm wanting to assume that when you say 'downloaded' you mean 'game versions that were not purchased' but I wanted to make sure. Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question.
Test Subject
#420 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:20 AM
I NEED HELP. No matter which documents folder I put it in, it says that folder doesn't contain any EA games subfolder, even though it does. It asks me to select the right folder, I do so, and this session is repeated for infinity... What do I do? PM if you have the answer to this. Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#421 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:23 PM
Arrg! That Thingy Remove Almost All My Expension Pack >
Top Secret Researcher
#422 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:24 AM
I love using this. It's really handy to fastly test custom creations of others and of myself. But I made an anygame permanent by accident. Is there a way I can delete a Permanent Game?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
#423 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:09 AM
I have a problem. When I tried to install it, it said it couldn't find the documents folder. It made me select the documents folder myself, so when I clicked it, it said, "This program runs on the new way to find the documents folder. Please restart Windows and try again." Can somebody help me?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Top Secret Researcher
#424 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:14 AM
And then a desktop icon appeared and when I clicked on it, it said, "Missing Desktop" or something. Is my computer too outdated or something?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#425 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 11:09 PM
Thank you for this,I am playing Sims2 on Windows 7 and for some reason the launcher would not allow me to play the game.As the anygame starter does allow me to play the game again,I am very happy.Thank You so very very much.
Page 17 of 21