Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

686 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 421 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 28
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cathybb
I'm still using XP by choice. No mention of Windows XP. Do you think it will work if I install .net 2.0? I have a ton of Net Frameworks but don't think I have 2.0.

I too am using Windows XP (32bit) SP 2 (just updated to SP2 last few weeks ago so I could install Sims3 and to answer your question this wonderful app works just fine and dandy for me.

Came here to say thanks Delphy for this great app and all your other work!
Thanks
Much <3 and respect for all you content contributors!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:03 PM
Thank you so much! It's such a bother to open up the launcher just to install a few items...You saved me loads of time.
Test Subject
#103 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 2:35 AM
I'm a bit confused...does this work for things like houses too? My game is being wonky
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 10:17 PM
Just like to add that I am using this under Windows 7 (64 bit) with no problems, Thanks Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:57 AM
I tried running with mono on the Mac. The program opens just fine, but it refuses to see the sims3pack files in my selected folder.
I get the 'No Sims3Packs foud in folder.' message every time, even though the folder in question contains nothing but sims3packs.
Test Subject
#106 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 6:30 AM Last edited by justyn : 7th Nov 2009 at 6:33 AM. Reason: grammar
BLESS YOU!!! That freakin' launcher will not work for me no matter what I do. The files load into it easy enough but the stupid files will not install. With this I may not know which file is which since most of them are a series of numbers. However, I know where they are. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#107 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
the lots still do not show up in game, but everything else does.

Same problem here. Other than that, it's great.
Test Subject
#108 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 5:11 PM
Thank you so much Delphy! You're wonderful! This is so much faster than the launcher and very simple, too!

You're a life saver :D
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:28 PM
Blessings of the Sims gods upon you! This is a great program.
Test Subject
#110 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 5:36 AM
OMG! This is awesome! I don't know how I ever managed without it
/hugs her MS3PE tight
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 1:03 PM
I was really glad that you created this, but now I finally figured out how to use the launcher to install over a 100 files at once.

Josette
Test Subject
#112 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by evile420 : 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: tested cache files
can anyone help me out... i downloaded it and it seemed to work (all the files where they need to be), but my game crashes now and wont get past the loading screen. any ideas why?

*update*

i just tested it by deleting the cache files and reloading, game still crashes at the loading screen.

deleted only the mods this places in the packages folder, game still crashes.

deleted all but one package file... game still crashes... now my game will not work with d/c at all.

i just lost HOURS of work if i cant get this to play...

*sad face*
Test Subject
#113 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:58 PM
Hello, Delphy. I love this tool, because in a way, it lets you go back to the old Sims2 way of installing contents: drag and drop to folders the way you want. However... Look, I used it to extract some EA Store Files, so I wouldn't have to use the Launcher. And my only problem is that as the name files are unidentifiable, now I have to keep the complete sets, and in some cases I only want part of them. So, I wonder if you could please tell me if there is any tool or utility program you know of, or if you're maybe interested in making one maybe..., that allows me just to see what a package file is and nothing else than that. So, I can manually delete them.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#114 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:41 PM
Simone: S3PE allows you to open up the package files.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:00 PM
Default Uummm...
Quote: Originally posted by TheYummyPotatoSalad
No Mac version? =( *feels rejected*

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 6:32 PM
When I click the extract button for Step 3 I get a box popping up that says: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\vintagedessertsposters.package' is denied.

This shows up for each Sims3 pack (with only the last part of the path changing to the name of whatever .package file I'm trying to extract is) I've tried so far.

What does it mean? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

**I also get a second message after I close the extractor that it might not have installed correctly and may not be compatible with this version of Windows. (I have Windows 7)

If I'm French, Scottish, Irish, and who knows what else, how come I always have to check the boring "white" box?
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 4:34 PM
thank you so so so so so much for this you have MADE MY DAY ^_^
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeTigre
When I click the extract button for Step 3 I get a box popping up that says: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\vintagedessertsposters.package' is denied.

This shows up for each Sims3 pack (with only the last part of the path changing to the name of whatever .package file I'm trying to extract is) I've tried so far.

What does it mean? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Sub-folders of "Program Files" folder is write-protected by the system. Necessary permission to write to the directory. Try to run the program with administrator privileges (Right-click to the file and "Run as Administrator" option).

Quote: Originally posted by LeTigre
**I also get a second message after I close the extractor that it might not have installed correctly and may not be compatible with this version of Windows. (I have Windows 7)
You can ignore this message and select "This program installed correctly" on the Program Compatibility Assistant.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#119 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoyalRhee
Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

Technically, having no version that runs on a totally different OS isn't an "issue".

I'm sure some enterprising soul could convert the code to work with Mono, if they really wanted it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#120 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 8:20 PM
We Need A Mac Version!

JuVeNtUs SoCcEr RoCkZ

----[.\.]The MTS2 MAFIA does it better [./.]----
Instructor
#121 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:41 PM
Field Researcher
#122 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 2:57 PM
I'm late to the party. Thank you Delphy. This is 100% needed and helpful to me. Windows 7 and the newest patch on the game make this a must have now.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#123 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Huclya : 20th Dec 2009 at 2:18 PM. Reason: SOLVED
I'm running XP Professional and have Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 installed, as well as version 3.5.
I downloaded the program, unrared it to my desktop, but when I double click on the Sims3Pack Multi Installer nothing happens. It appears the program won't run. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know what I did (except for the obvious: installing the TSR Launcher 1.0). I think it must have installed some file or other that I was missing, because now I can run the Multi Installer and the Sim Launcher works again. Odd.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 4:34 AM
Would it be a bad idea to extract EA store items?
Test Subject
#125 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 7:23 AM
Thank you for your cool work!
Page 5 of 28