Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 19
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#101 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 12:33 PM
Smashing! Love it, and you. Thanks for your hard work :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:22 PM
it would be awesome if you can do this mod compatible with 1.7.9 version
But anyway, great mod!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:23 AM
i love your sim's hair! Where did you get it? Or was it from an EP?

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#104 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bachisofi
it would be awesome if you can do this mod compatible with 1.7.9 version
Sorry, I can't support obsolete game versions.

Quote: Originally posted by cre8
i love your sim's hair! Where did you get it? Or was it from an EP?
To quote myself: "I'm a link. It's far from perfect, tends to clip at least a little, and looks weird with light hair colors. Don't say I didn't warn ya. BTW: Check the TS3 Hair Gallery. It was made for questions like that."

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#105 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:31 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the fix when traveling. It works perfectly. I know that you are not completely happy with the work around, but so far, I do not see any problems that would stem from it. So, thanks again for your hard work! It is much appreciated.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#106 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
Would it be nice too if using the laptop doesn't require a table, you can just put it in your lap.
Original Poster
#107 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
Would it be nice too if using the laptop doesn't require a table, you can just put it in your lap.
That would be very difficult to do, maybe even impossible. Sims' laps don't have a slot to attach the laptop to, I never investigated if a workaround could be made for that. And AFAIK Sim animations are full body animations, so the posture is part of the animation. It would need new or at least altered animations to play them in a different posture, I think.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#108 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 2:00 PM
When a sim reads a book, kinda like that.
Test Subject
#109 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 3:07 PM
Is it just me who just cannot find the pad? I'm on TS3: Late Night and I believe I have installed the package correctly, I followed each and every step instructed on the Wiki page about how to get a package installed, I also checked the Hobbies and Skills section in Buy Mode, but it is just not there!
Original Poster
#110 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nairamath
Is it just me who just cannot find the pad?
You need to use the "By Category" sorting, not the "By Room" one. I didn't set the room flags, because I find the room sorting stupid.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 3:13 PM
I found it in study, along with the easel, guitars, etc.
Test Subject
#112 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:43 AM
Hello, tried the mod and it was great...just up when I found a bug. They happen, so it is why I am telling you. I read through, and did not see similar. Current Version: Sims 3 Late Night, no Item Packs, All updated to current.

The Bug: While my sim had the pad in inventory, on the lot, or stored in household inventory, the sim could not use the computer on the lot. The sim would loose all queue'd actions involving the computer. Writing, chatting, investigations...all of it. The error was corrected when I deleted the pad from the sims inventory completely.

I understand that the pad was meant for other things, but I found it to be very handy. But with it breaking the computer on the lot...it lost it's value compared to whet else was lost. Hope this is just a small error, great work and look forward to using it once this is panned out.
Original Poster
#113 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM
@SyberSmoke: I cannot confirm this issue. Computers keep working perfectly fine for me.

Test Subject
#114 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:34 AM Last edited by SyberSmoke : 30th Nov 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@SyberSmoke: I cannot confirm this issue. Computers keep working perfectly fine for me.

Interesting. What I had done was my Sim was writing a book when I put in your mod. I though purchased the notepad and played a little, continuing the novel I was writing though the notepad. The notepad worked fine. Afterwards though, I could not access the computer (Box N CRT version). Once I had deleted the notepad and removed the mod, the computer worked again.

If it helps, that is the order of events. It may have been a freak occurrence...I do not know. I will try it again and see.

Edit: Interesting...Same process but it did not happen again. Must have been a transient error. Sorry to have caused you any bother.

One a side note...think we could get an E-Paper gadget with mobile internet? hehehe
Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 9:52 AM
I'm experiencing the same error as SyberSmoke. I'll tell you what I have found from it.

As soon as I had my Sims purchase this and attempt to use it, the action was canceled, and then none of my computers would work for any actions. They'd instantly cancel whenever attempted. The problem when away when I loaded a previous save, which thankfully was only a few minutes previous to that. And then the bug was gone. To make sure it was that, I repeated the action and sure enough the bug reappeared same as before. I have the base game, version 1.18, and Ambitions, version 4.6.
Original Poster
#116 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 1:59 PM
Matt314: I've never seen anything like that and wouldn't know where to start investigating it. If you upload a savegame for me to re-enact the issue, I'll investigate what actual error occurs.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:33 PM
omg, thank you SO much.. it was driving me crazy that my technophobes had to use a computer to write.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#118 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 11:17 PM
I can't believe I didn't notice this before... pure genius! My technophobic writer sim, so needs this! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
You need to use the "By Category" sorting, not the "By Room" one. I didn't set the room flags, because I find the room sorting stupid.

Thanks i was looking for it as well, may i suggest putting this tip in de overview?? Because i alwasy sort by room and not by category perhaps more people are not able to find it because of that?

I love the mod by the way, thanks for creating it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#120 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:00 AM
Nice to see this mod, makes my day!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 5:55 AM
how to fix the crashing with late night all my object mods just make it crash
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 6:24 PM
Thank you for this! Seriously, Maxis couldn't do this themselves?
Forum Resident
#123 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 5:34 PM
This mod was an answer to my prayers, so thank you for making it. However, just an FYI, I've experienced some of the same issues as others on here with the action dropping out of queue. Not only that, but it has also caused other issues related to seated activities, like working on the computer or playing chess. I have to command the sim to sit in the chair first before doing those things. And the homework interaction doesn't work at all unless I tell the child/teen to "Get Homework Help from..." or send them to a lot without chairs. (Funny story--I forgot about curfew the first time I did that and my teen got put into the back of the squad car for doing his homework in the park after dark.) I tried changing the tables, chairs, computers, desks, etc., but the only thing that worked was removing the pad from inventory.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 12:51 AM
i installed it as in the instructions, but it doesn't work for me. it's in my game, but unselectable.

If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will END you.
Original Poster
#125 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keviebear
how to fix the crashing with late night all my object mods just make it crash
You need to update these mods. Or are you talking about mods you made yourself? Hard to say, your message is kinda ... vague. No, let's be honest: Your message is spewed out and kinda lacks respect for the recipient.

If you did make these mods yourself, you need to alter the namespace to begin with "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.".

Quote: Originally posted by tempmike
What about a slower version? Takes a bit longer to write a report by hand then via computer
Why would it? I can type very fast, but writing by hand is still faster. Also it would be quite a bit of work to alter the speed, and I don't really see the point of depreciating the mod in that aspect.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
However, just an FYI, I've experienced some of the same issues as others on here with the action dropping out of queue. Not only that, but it has also caused other issues related to seated activities, like working on the computer or playing chess.{...}
As far as I can tell, such issues can't possibly be caused by an object that isn't even "involved" in the given interaction. Well, that's what logic says, but we all know how far logic goes, right? Yeah, right to the end actually... where was I? I will look into it again, but I would really appreciate it if anyone having these issues would upload a savegame for me to re-enact them. I can't really say what's going on there if I can't see it, much less do anything about it.

Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120
i installed it as in the instructions, but it doesn't work for me. it's in my game, but unselectable.
Sounds like framework fail. Use the post-Ambitions way to install packages and make sure you have no leftovers of the old framework in any of the installation directories.

Page 5 of 19