Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 19
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 6:15 PM
This is so fantastic! Thank you so much for making such a great mod!
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Sounds like framework fail. Use the post-Ambitions way to install packages and make sure you have no leftovers of the old framework in any of the installation directories.

thanks, i'll try that. i'll report back on whether it works or not.

If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will END you.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
As far as I can tell, such issues can't possibly be caused by an object that isn't even "involved" in the given interaction. Well, that's what logic says, but we all know how far logic goes, right? Yeah, right to the end actually... where was I? I will look into it again, but I would really appreciate it if anyone having these issues would upload a savegame for me to re-enact them. I can't really say what's going on there if I can't see it, much less do anything about it.

Yeah, I know it seems crazy for an object mod, but you know how interconnected everything is in this game. It might be some obscure line of code for something totally unrelated that's looping because it was triggered by your object, or something totally bizarre like that. I don't know, but I'll try to get a savegame for you the next time I play. My luck, it will work perfectly next time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 4:34 PM
Funny! I suggested this Months and Months and Months ago to another creator, finally someone creates it. I can check my messages to prove I sent it in months ago.....

But thanks! I wanted this thing badly!
Interstellar Traveler
#130 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 11:13 PM
im not sure if this has been reported yet, but sometimes when my sims use the scribbling pad while seated.. they'll experience some strange glitches such as: stand up and then moving to a different seat and then fly back to the original seat, they would appear to be sitting sideways, and also they would fly far from where they were seated and begin walking somewhere.
Just a question though, does this conflict with other mods?
Test Subject
#131 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 3:37 AM
Almost all of my sims use this now *_* They even use it on vacation (:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#132 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 9:54 PM
Just what I needed, thank you so much for making this! <3
Test Subject
#133 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 8:45 PM
were do u save the files like downloads? or wat?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 9:18 AM
Could you please make a tutorial on how you made this object?Or at least direct us on what to read so we can start modding?Thank you in advance!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#135 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by femalevampirelover
were do u save the files like downloads? or wat?
I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

Quote: Originally posted by Elementstv
Could you please make a tutorial on how you made this object?Or at least direct us on what to read so we can start modding?Thank you in advance!
Sorry, this mod isn't really the size of mod you could explain in a tutorial for beginners. Unfortunately, Kolipoki's object modding tutorial is now outdated in a few points, but it's probably still the best place to start.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#136 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 8:47 PM
Hi Buzzler,

the pad isn't in the german Version of Sims3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 2:18 AM
If my sim has the Technophobe trait... can they use this item without repercussions. That is to say, does this item enable them to learn the Writing skill as a Technophobe?
Test Subject
#138 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 1:04 PM
Umm... I think it's crashed with shuffle board.
My sim dosen't animate in shuffle board.
What's the problem?

P.S I'm Korean user. So, I'm not good at English.
Umm... the point is... Just, consult please.
Sorry for my English language...
Original Poster
#139 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Rookie
the pad isn't in the german Version of Sims3
Mods don't care about language settings.

Quote: Originally posted by OnyxSupreme
If my sim has the Technophobe trait... can they use this item without repercussions. That is to say, does this item enable them to learn the Writing skill as a Technophobe?
As stated in the upload post: yes.

Quote: Originally posted by josb95
Umm... I think it's crashed with shuffle board.
My sim dosen't animate in shuffle board.
What's the problem?
Don't know, but I don't see a possible way how this mod could cause an issue like that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:27 AM
great mod! Computers are too expensive and require a 2nd chair and a desk, so this is great. I just started playing Sims 3 again on a brand new computer so this is the first mod I installed. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:23 PM
I love this mod. Just a quick question, is there any way to use the notepad on a couch like you can for books? You have one image of a sim using the notepad sitting on the beach, so I wasn't sure. I know you adapted the animations from homework, though, so I kind of have my doubts about being able to adapt it that way. I just thought it would be cool to be able to write in my living room instead of going straight to the dining room table.
Test Subject
#142 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:53 AM
I love this.

My wannabe writers all use this now

Thanks for making this.
Test Subject
#143 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 2:59 PM
Great stuff! Now my poor Sim can also start to learn a thing or two about writing, thanks

And by the way, could you make a sketch-pad or somethin like that?

Just like your Scribbling-pad but with a different function?

Many thanks before
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:43 PM
Thanks, This is so awesome!
Now my Sims can relax at the beach while writing novels!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 7:52 PM
Can you help me?
I downloaded the scribble pad into the game, and it came up at the beginning as MODS FOUND and it had this this mod and another one, and every time i click either one, it closes the game immediately.
Other than that, looks like a great mod, well done! xxx
Original Poster
#146 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artisan219
I love this mod. Just a quick question, is there any way to use the notepad on a couch like you can for books?
That would require a new or at least heavily altered animation, I think. So, yes, there is a way in theory, but I don't really know anything about custom animations, so I wouldn't know how to do it.

Quote: Originally posted by rhadrio
And by the way, could you make a sketch-pad or somethin like that?
Something like that would be makeshift at best. There couldn't be a "product" from it like from the easel. There's a portable easel around here somewhere, though.

Quote: Originally posted by GEORGSS
I downloaded the scribble pad into the game, and it came up at the beginning as MODS FOUND and it had this this mod and another one, and every time i click either one, it closes the game immediately.
Do you possibly use an outdated version of the mod? Please update the mod first, and check if the problem persists.

Test Subject
#147 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 9:53 PM
This is great! I carry a notebook around to write in all the time, and people say "why don't you just get a laptop?" Now my sims can live battery-free and cordless like me I fear there will come a day when people no longer understand how to make a pen and paper work together...

You remind me of a slinky...
I see no real use for you, but you bring a smile to my face when I push you down the stairs...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 1:16 AM
Doesn't work...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#149 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 9:33 AM
Any chance of including the LN option to "write Screenplay" for Film career sims?
Original Poster
#150 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpiderFang
Doesn't work...
I guess I'm lucky then that the other >14000 downloaders didn't notice?

Quote: Originally posted by Anach
Any chance of including the LN option to "write Screenplay" for Film career sims?
I didn't know there was such a thing or I would have implemented that already.

Page 6 of 19